Albums Pete Rock & Common - The Auditorium, Vol. 1 (Discussion Thread) | Update : Tour Coming

Illmagic

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This album is so good. I got “Now and Then”on repeat. Theres no clear skips on here. A few I’m not crazy about but no clear skips. I do wish the album was a tad shorter

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
you don't think this album is all of that and just named a goddamn album from Future??? This album is not for YOU, just like that trap/autotune/triplet singing shyt is not for me, so I stay out of the threads and ignore it.

Shut the fukk up you lame ass dusty fakkit

Illmagic

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing about Lost Tapes is that it really wasn't an album. It was a bunch of older tracks left off albums put together like some sort of unreleased greatest hits compilation. I had a lot of those tracks on white label releases and b sides. So technically that wasn't really an album and it was never viewed as such until recently. We all knew what it was over 20 years ago and no one called it a studio album then. That's a cheat code. Can you imagine a Common Lost Tapes with songs like "pimpin" left off of BE and other unreleased dilla/kanye/no id tracks?? De la soul had one of these albums that wasn't promoted called Impossible Mission that contained a lot of unreleased tracks and it was dope.,

Damn never heard this. Good lookin on this :salute:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I finally got round to listening to this. Firstly shout out to Pete Rock. He still got it and he did some amazing work on this.

Secondly, This sounds like a good Common album in the best way possible. its taken a lot of cues from his best work with No ID, Dilla and even Kanye sonically and stylistically although slightly less preachy and hopeful than his previous work. I need to give it some more listens but after 2 full listens, I really like this more than I thought I would.

shazam

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its amazing to me how Pete Rock can still kill it after all these years while he always stayed true to himself

this album is great but don't front like pete didn't flop for a while around SS2

mundL

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wise Up is p high up on my top songs of the year list