Albums Pete Rock & Common - The Auditorium, Vol. 1 (Discussion Thread) | Update : Tour Coming

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
New single is definitely better than the first. This is the vibe I was hoping for. Not really feeling the chorus....doesn't mesh well with the beat. But overall it's dope.
You really think it doesn't mesh? I love when PR completely flips the vibe of a sample like that. The fact that it shouldn't work but does is so dope to me.

Probably my most anticipated album for the foreseeable future. Pete Rock to me has always been the greatest producer of all time, and it's sounding like Com still has what it takes to put together something special.
Nas and Preme better make that second single a classic if they gotta compete with this.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
You really think it doesn't mesh? I love when PR completely flips the vibe of a sample like that. The fact that it shouldn't work but does is so dope to me.

Probably my most anticipated album for the foreseeable future. Pete Rock to me has always been the greatest producer of all time, and it's sounding like Com still has what it takes to put together something special.
Nas and Preme better make that second single a classic if they gotta compete with this.
Just doesn't feel in tune with the beat to me. Feels too high energy for how chill the beat is. But it could be just the live performance mix. Maybe the album version will be more subtle.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps

they don't have to compete with this. REAL music fans support all of their favoirte artists. That's that new era of "I'm gonna side with this album/artist over that album/artist" . Google "September 29, 1998". Of the hip hop albums released that day, I bought 5. The following week, I bought 4. It's ok to like more than one artist not in the same camp.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
if this and the LL + qtip drop in the same period...and they both sound good and do well? we could be looking at a positive trend
was gonna mention LL

LL has the superior producer in Qtip
Common and Pete killing it
Preme? He the biggest question mark out of these 3 projects man.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
they don't have to compete with this. REAL music fans support all of their favoirte artists. That's that new era of "I'm gonna side with this album/artist over that album/artist" . Google "September 29, 1998". Of the hip hop albums released that day, I bought 5. The following week, I bought 4. It's ok to like more than one artist not in the same camp.
488d1447dcb67e9ae74f76a90dc20dd1.gif

I think you quoted the wrong post, because I didn't say anything to imply I don't fukk with Nas or Preme, or that I'm not going to check out both albums. Nas is the GOAT. I'm checking for anything he puts out regardless.