Albums Pete Rock & Common - The Auditorium, Vol. 1 (Discussion Thread) | Update : Tour Coming

Daps
I've got to say - Common and Pete Rock dropped an incredible album! This might be some of their best work ever (individually and collectively). Common switched up flows a number of times which kept him fresh and interesting to listen to. He's had a pretty cookie cutter flow for the last several years which really felt "copy and paste" and redundant (although he's been consistently dope).

You really hear the focus and intentionality with the wordplay on this album and his delivery is inspired.

But as incredible as Common sounded on this album, Pete Rock stole the show. Even though he's the godfather of that particular type of soulful, jazzy, boom bap, his production showcased the best of Pete Rock, Dilla, and even early Kanye. The beats showcase a versatility of production from Pete Rock that we haven't seen on one cohesive body of his work in years. You can tell he challenged himself to evolve as well.

This album is good for hip-hop in 2024! It might actually become a new classic.

:obama:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I came into this album with low expectations cause I'm not really a Common fan, but my expectations have been exceeded :wow: .

Top tier production combined with top tier lyricism. Shyt sound kinda perfect tbh:whoo:

Last edited: