Albums Pete Rock & Common - The Auditorium, Vol. 1 (Discussion Thread) | Update : Tour Coming

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
Any idea of what happened to "Trying" ? Has it been renamed for the album ? Might be bonus track on Vol.2 ? Sample clearance ?

Anything on that ?

this is the big question- we need that on the original album not as some bonus or something. i like that song the best out of everything. all the music been dope though

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Q-tip is dope. But.. Tip once jacked one of PRs beats. ..."Pete Rock for the beat and you don't stop"

I think Tip is sometimes overlooked because the production on those tribe albums are not solely credited to him. Although Tip probably did most of the production on the first three tribe releases J Dilla and Ali Shaheed were certainly involved heavily on albums 4 and 5. I mean Dilla even did a couple of beats on Tip's classic solo album the Renaissance.

Outside of the Tribe albums Tip doesn't have the classics that Pete Rock has; so I think it's a bit of a reach to say Tip is easily better. Nevertheless Tip is one of the greats though.

RZA is better than both of them

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Should've named the album "Compete or Extinct", that is all...

July 12th COOOOOOOOME OOOOOOOOON !!!

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
this is the big question- we need that on the original album not as some bonus or something. i like that song the best out of everything. all the music been dope though
that's what I'm saying. It's my favorite of the 3 released and I'm not seeing it on the track listings anywhere. wtf!??

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
Not gon lie I feel like common and jada gotta be the most consistently great rappers for over 25 years now.