Perk claims that the '04 Pistons could compete with the 80's championship teams. SAS vehemently disagrees

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sometimes I feel like those late 80's Piston teams are underrated.That was a super team in my opinion.They'd have 5 All Star level players, one of the best 6th men of all time, and a deep brusing bench.That squad was fukking brutal.If you told me I could play against any squad in NBA history, they'd be last on my list.I believe they damn near swept every team they faced in '89.I think only the Bulls won 2 games off them.I'd love to see them go up against the '04 Pistons.I think they're the only team with the goon power/physicality to match the 04 Pistons blow for blow.I think the '89 squad take it in 5-6 games, tho.

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
Stop.

Laimbeer figured out how to confuse white refs while assaulting Larry bird.
Plus was from the most white flight racist burb in Chicago. Where his father was thee good ol boi of the region.. that from sheer nepotism. Afforded laimbeer certain liberties with a coded covert clsndestined attitude on court. Where laimbeer went to ND and he beat the undefeated ucla bruins to end the greatest win streak in any sport ever.
Where laimbeer got to basically feel he was above anybody one on one. Especially a black player.
Laimbeer would have checked out any player from any later generation. After his era mentally.

Even Larry bird was exposed.

Laimbeer was a menace from a racial coded era. That no one jn the later generations mentally was prepared to go against other than Jordan.

Art Barr

Jordan literally cried to Stern about the Bad Boys. He wasn’t mentally prepared to play against any of those ‘80s dudes.

:umad:

Red Money

All Star
Daps
I mean they managed to outscore Shaq and Kobe:unimpressed:

Karl Malone got hurt.

The double team had Kobe giving up the to ball to Shaq 15 feet out from the basket instead of Malone....and that was problematic for getting into the offense.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Jordan literally cried to Stern about the Bad Boys. He wasn’t mentally prepared to play against any of those ‘80s dudes.

:umad:

Stop.

The pistons were not mentally and physically capable of doing anything with Mike.
They literally did what is completely taboo on any ball court ever created. The pistons slammed and bridged Mike. Where he still laid their goof ass off.
play to play and still torched them. With no help whatsoever.

I know yousa scrub hooper.

As only a scrub buster face ass nikka.
would vouch for a players. Who bridges a man on the ball court. Then try to act like you cool. When if you did that shyt.
on court in that exact era after that outside.

it was gonna be a fresh style shooting and killing on the ball court. So stop the cap.
Ol buster face ass nikka.

I think you forgot.

Dumas and zeke used to self admittedly. be on the phone speechless. Trying to figure out what they were going to do to make.

Joe Dumars & Isiah Thomas Were Left Speachless By MJ ...
YouTube · ALL THE SMOKE
Mar 31, 2023

Then knowing it was futile and he was unstoppable. That it was only a matter of time.
Pistons literally only repeated because scottie was too soft to deal with a headache.
Pistons only won because zeke used to ride with the Celtics. After getting bounced and fake acting like magic got him in the finals. When zeke evil ass was using the Celtics and red auerbach as a discoveryzone. To find a nonskill based edge. Which resulted in bill laimbeer somehow being so racist. That he figured out in some racist class based ass epiphany.

If I bill laimbeer. The privileged white good ole boi from nepotism. Fouls the poor podunk trash park trash nikka lover bird. That it will make this weird stratum white effect. That confuses a racially economically charged game and the also racially charged refs. To change the dynamic and outcome of the game.

You sitting here trying to vouch for some habitual linesteppers. Using white boi down state Kentucky Rupp vs Texas southern based semantics and c00n'n. To make your point.

When only a buster.
sides with a habitual line stepping bridge'n mid low skill player publically.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Karl Malone got hurt.

The double team had Kobe giving up the to ball to Shaq 15 feet out from the basket instead of Malone....and that was problematic for getting into the offense.

Injuries are a part of the game.
Lakers paid thr price because for so long. The lake set contingent asked for another johnson alongside Shaq. For depth in the front court. It took to long for them to bring in higher quality front court starters and players on roster. Where they also lacked depth. So when this got exposed. By an actual team made in scheme.
to defend and Beat the Lakers. The Lakers lost.

The Lakers were headed for this style of loss. By the first eastern conference team.
that tried to actually staff a team to best the Lakers. Instead of just happy to be in the finals.
like eastern conference teams before the pistons in that lake set three peat era. To bring to a close.
the first post bulls laker three peat with Phil Shaq and kobe.

It was bound to happen.
if an east coast team. Tried to staff a unit.
to win instead of just being happy to get there to lose.

Art Barr

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Did you never watch Jason Kidd play or something?

We need a ‘cacs/youngins/casuals exposing themselves’ thread to collect these types of takes

You going only by star status and name brand ‘Jason Kidd’ and assuming that meant he was on Bron wade level. Not a chance. And that’s not a knock at all, just a different type of player. Hence you have never seen nor will you ever see people compare J Kidd to anything other than PGs, not no gahdamn prime wade or Bron :why:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
We need a ‘cacs/youngins/casuals exposing themselves’ thread to collect these types of takes

You going only by star status and name brand ‘Jason Kidd’ and assuming that meant he was on Bron wade level. Not a chance. And that’s not a knock at all, just a different type of player. Hence you have never seen nor will you ever see people compare J Kidd to anything other than PGs, not no gahdamn prime wade or Bron :why:
We need a better education system to teach stupid MFs like yourself how to read

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
No, someone said the Nets didn't have a player in same stratosphere as Wade and Bron and you highlighted that and brought up Kidd as if that proves him wrong. So you insinuated that he is on their level.

Stop being obtuse.
You’re a fuccking idiot if you say he isn’t in the same stratosphere as them in his prime.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Jason Kidd was overall, just as much, or maybe even more impactful than Wade for his time.He was really one of those guys who elevated the players around him.IQ, facilitating, hustle plays, rebounding etc etc..Kidd was exceptional at it.Had a phenomenal nose for the ball.Type of guy that was instant chemistry.In his hey, he'd turn a 30 win team into a 45 win team all by his damn self.You really felt like it was 3 Jason Kidds out there.The way he saw the game was rare & different.On my list of top 5 most unique players to ever play the game.