People really re-writing history as they go?

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
So are cats saying in 20 years we gon view the 2000's like the 90's? Y'all serious, I'm 22 btw

It's always been like that...

The other day a Jagged Edge song played on Pandora & this girl who is much younger then me called them "Old School"... :rudy:

But it is considered Old School to her... :manny:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Rap sucks to me now. All the artists i grew up on, cant & wont get a release date. The producers i used to bump heavy cant sell a beat. Its a new gen running rap. I cant even hate no more. Wayne Drake French Gucci 2chainz Ross Meek & Nicki got the juice now. Even the guys i put in faith just stay dissappointing me Lupe 50cent Cam Prodigy Nas etc..

Jay-Z the only artist whose music i really check for. And even wit him im not as geeked as used to be. On the real i care more about the drama than the actual music :yeshrug:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
i c/s op to the fullest.

ive always said people glorify the music they grew up to. its nothing wrong with it, but then those same people parade around talking about how this generation is all trash and there's no good rappers :what:

there's been :trash: rappers in every generation, but with technology more of the bad ones are getting popularity :manny:. but that shouldn't take anything away from the great ones.

its like just cuz there's a few thousand weirdos out there who listen to lil b and riff raff, we just gonna forget that kendrick lamar and big krit are out here making history

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there has been trash rappers in every generation no doubt, but the good artists of the previous generations were just better. i personally grew up in the late 90s-00s and i really think the 90s just had better music. i love getting put on to some early to mid 90s shyt cause most of it sounds dope to me. the bass lines were better, the mcs had more to say, the production was heavy, i mean it just seems like there was a whole lot of dope music at that time.

i think the 00s were just bad outside of a few releases. i am actually excited for the first time in a long time because there are a whole bunch of emerging artist that are sounding dope and bringing something new (just to clarify, im not talking bour YMCMB, they are trash). the current era > 00s.

Bean

GOAT 8/24
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PA
i just seen someone metion the radio so imma say this. idk why people keep forcin themselves to listen to the radio. im 21 and unlike most of ya'll i don't have problem with this new generation but i couldn't tell you the last time i listened to the radio. the only time i even know there is a radio is when i get on this forum and ya'll talkin bout Flex goin off on somebody or premiering some new shyt, other than that i could care less about the radio and ya'll wouldn't be so stressed out over this music if ya'll did the same shyt.

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly might shoot myself when I get to the age where I hear people start saying shyt " today's rappers are wack, they can't hold a candle to lil Wayne or french Montana"

It will happen.

It's already happening. I've heard a lot of hiphop heads giving props to Nelly, Ja Rule, Mase, Master P, Baby...etc. that shyt don't stop.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was trash in every era, dating back to the 80s. But there's no denying that the amount of cookie cutter ignant no-talent garbage music increases every year because now thanks to technology advancements everyone and their momma can make a song w protools and a macbook. Its a gift & a curse.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember during the peak of the dipset era, everyone hated. Now it's as though everyone unanimously bowed down. I'm not saying it wasn't hot tho...

koyaanisqatsi

Banned
Daps
whenever u started gettin puzzy for the first time and gettin money and gettin into bar brawls running around wild wit ya peoples . .. . thats the GOLDEN AGE of HIP-HOP. . . ..

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I remember during the peak of the dipset era, everyone hated. Now it's as though everyone unanimously bowed down. I'm not saying it wasn't hot tho...

:childplease:

whenever u started gettin puzzy for the first time and gettin money and gettin into bar brawls running around wild wit ya peoples . .. . thats the GOLDEN AGE of HIP-HOP. . . ..

:stop::stop:
im sorry but i hate when people say this. and im thinking about removing chris rock from being my #1 comedian, just because of this quote.

koyaanisqatsi

Banned
Daps
:childplease:

:stop::stop:
im sorry but i hate when people say this. and im thinking about removing chris rock from being my #1 comedian, just because of this quote.

:shake:

guess u aint catch the sarcasm

:huh:

ill try harder next time..

:weirdo:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I knew it was a wrap when you had mad nikkas giving wack ass Nelly props in that other thread about a week ago. Revisionist history done fukked around and took over.

As far as everybody liking their own era the most, that's understandable as fukk but back in the early 90's and late 90's/early 00's you at least had some legends emerge. You actually had a few dope artists that went on to be great. You don't get that right now from the music being made at this point in time. I mean you always had the flavor of the month rappers but now it's like a revolving door with music that has no lasting appeal. In addition to that there's no balance within mainstream rap music so a lot of good artist just fly under the radar. Ah man, fukk it. That's what memories are for. Sometimes you're just meant to enjoy the moment and move on.

:manny: