"People My Age Still Trying To Make It"

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
100% facts.

If you're not setting yourself up, you're only going to be looking back and wishing you did.

Like you really need a whole lot of money today to retire like that.

Some people think they're alright until that first big, expensive health condition hits.

There's a reason all the grandparents in my family usually end up living with family.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
it’s by design. elite power wants to keep the people in a state of perpetual need, so that their pesky thoughts of changing the system are kept at bay.

:francis:
I agree, except that they want the thoughts to be in a perpetual state of discontent. Meaning rather than keep th at bay, they want the thoughts to be "well if we had Trump in, I could retire comfortabley. But these liberals are messing things up"

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
The majority of people won’t heed the warning because they aren’t tryna go back in lifestyle :francis:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Alot of us - Black people - are still recovering from abject poverty.

My grandfather was a teacher and pillar of the community. Built the house I reside in. At one time there were 10 people living here between his kids and his grands and an odd niece and her bf.

Niqqas I know, the ones that are homeowners, they are going to be that person in their family. The first one to leave something behind for their lineage. In 2024, still paying off the crib and having their loved ones come in and crash out for as long as they need.

But when they get done, their kids will be secure. At least having somewhere to rest even if things go totally south for them.

Good news is: the percentage of poor Black people, while still higher than some other demographics, has been steadily dropping decade after decade.

At one time 99.9% of us were poor. Didn't even own our own bodies. Now I think it's about 25%. It's going in the right direction but the poverty rate among white people is about 10%.

No Google. Fact check me.

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That’s why I’m trying to invest as much as I can right now, so by the time I’m that old at least hopefully I can feel comfortable financially

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let’s not forget that some times you can make the right decisions and still catch a bad deal. Just because an older person is down at their age doesn’t mean they were not taking their lives seriously.
Man, that's what scares me the most.