People complain about 9 to 5s but does anyone actually work 9 to 5 ever?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I think it's more the amount of days you have to put in. With a nine to five you get two days off, but 4 ten hour days or 3 12 hour days means you get more days off to live life. Only having two days off a week for the rest of your life is sobering
Yea, this is my beef with the traditional work week. Much rather show face for 10/11 hours and always have 3 days off. Seriously considering a contract role in my next job to control my hours.

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
that's what's up. It's tough work and stressful from what I've seen. I'm currently about to start the last week of my month long rx training program. Whole management team has to do it. It's 160 hours down here. Been doing the ppl too. Lately been learning about typing. Still gotta do the wcb and tpr stuff. Learn a lot being back there all the time. Plus they took power out and it means more work and handling calls. Even me helping it still gets hectic. I say we average about 175 a day. Sales been up for the month so far tho. Luckily I always used to help out back there as the designated hitter with filling and customer service so it's easy for me. My co-worker going next and she never goes back there. They gonna kill her. My store manager said he's bout to go after the team. :mjlol: he never even steps foot in there. We'll see how that goes. Need to finish my registration and then look into getting certified. Have it as something extra on my file. And it helps having it to move up to asm and mgr too, if they still gonna keep them around with all the changes they got every month.

:ehh: Nice. I had heard about power and that they were supposed to bring it to other areas. What happened to that? I started out at a pharmacy that was doing 600 a day so I've been battle tested. The store I'm at now does a little less than yours at around 150 but we are a wellness model so it took a while to get used to. It's good you are getting the certification it's always nice to have something like that in your back pocket as another pharmacist once told me ( he had a pilots license :laugh:).

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
i'm done working 5 day work week...

i like working 10 hour shift cause i have 2 45 minute lunch breaks and then i'm able to change my schedule every 3 months...

so my new days off will be friday's, sunday's and monday's..... then if i have enough time set up every month i can take a saturday off, which gives me 4 day weekend off

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
:ehh: Nice. I had heard about power and that they were supposed to bring it to other areas. What happened to that? I started out at a pharmacy that was doing 600 a day so I've been battle tested. The store I'm at now does a little less than yours at around 150 but we are a wellness model so it took a while to get used to. It's good you are getting the certification it's always nice to have something like that in your back pocket as another pharmacist once told me ( he had a pilots license :laugh:).
yeah it was something where they would answer the phone and fill stuff we were out of in an outside lab. The drivers would bring a bag or two of scripts in every day. I would usually file them if I opened that day or on weekends. I guess they removed them as a cost cutting measure. We aren't a wellness store but I've seen a few of them down here and a few have the clinics too. I think only Florida and Arizona had POWER. Yeah I was registered once way back in 2010 but it expired and the rules changed so I never really looked back into it. Must've been a busy 24 hour for 600 a day.

JBone4eva

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Nope some of us are on salary and get paid the same irregardless of how much or less we work

This, I'm pretty fortunate. I do what I enjoy, work on average 3-4 days a week, and on average about 10-12 hours of actual work a week. shyt is :ohlawd:

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
yeah it was something where they would answer the phone and fill stuff we were out of in an outside lab. The drivers would bring a bag or two of scripts in every day. I would usually file them if I opened that day or on weekends. I guess they removed them as a cost cutting measure. We aren't a wellness store but I've seen a few of them down here and a few have the clinics too. I think only Florida and Arizona had POWER. Yeah I was registered once way back in 2010 but it expired and the rules changed so I never really looked back into it. Must've been a busy 24 hour for 600 a day.

Yeah it was pretty busy all the time. I eventually got transferred to another pharmacy in the area that did around 700, we even had a day at 900 (madness). I don't know about other states but here in Michigan they just recently changed the rules to where in order to work or help in the pharmacy you have to be licensed so that meant pretty much the store manager, asm, and shift leads.

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
Nope some of us are on salary and get paid the same irregardless of how much or less we work
Yeah but at the end of the day you probably work more hours than the people who arent on a salary. I work the same amount of hours as the people who report to me. I leave before them. I make more than them and I do less work than them. My boss works 10 hour shifts and sometimes 12 on weekends. He is on call at all times. He gets work to death and only makes 20k more than me. If I worked the hours he did on average I could come close to what he brings in and still not do 75% of what he does.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I work M-F 7-5 but my employees work 4 days on/4 days off year around. 12 hour days, 6-6

Yeah, its long days. But they get half the year off.:yeshrug:

Its a cool schedule in my opinion. They can usually find stuff to do to stay busy and make the day go by quicker. They also get 3 half hour breaks.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Yeah it was pretty busy all the time. I eventually got transferred to another pharmacy in the area that did around 700, we even had a day at 900 (madness). I don't know about other states but here in Michigan they just recently changed the rules to where in order to work or help in the pharmacy you have to be licensed so that meant pretty much the store manager, asm, and shift leads.
Same here. Might be everywhere. One of our techs had to take a week off cuz she wasn't registered yet. Had transferred from the front end. If they ask if I have a license, I'll say yeah a license to kill. Until I get mine in.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I'm starting to think only if you're upper management. My program manager works like 50hr a week