People complain about 9 to 5s but does anyone actually work 9 to 5 ever?

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I work 8-4 on most days . If I wanted I could work from home on most days but choose not to.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Yeah one of the worst problems of being a retail pharmacist. Even worse at my store I have to do one 12 hour shift a week, but I like what I do.

My pops was a retail pharmacist for a long time. Then he bounced to work for a.company that fills rx for nursing homes. He likes it so much more and he doesn't have to deal with the dumb ass people everyday and he has better hours.
You may want to look into it if you're tired of retail.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I work 9:30 to 6:30 but rarely do I get off at 6:30 most of the time between 6:45-7. Some days I don't get a lunch other days I don't have much to do or get done early and can chill or take a nap in the car. All depends on what's going on.

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
I'm a hospital pharmacist depending on my shift work I 6 to 2:30, 7 to 3:30, or 8 to 4:30, and rarely evening shift of 2:30 to 11.

But with the 6 shift I rarely leave on time do I still end up being at work until 3:30 or 4.

I wish I had 10 hour shifts though compared to 8 so I could work less days during the week.

I had thought about hospital pharmacy but I got swayed into the slightly better pay at retail also I started out as a tech and they paid for some of my schooling so I had to do a few years for the company and ended up staying.

walgreens?

Yep

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I MAY only actually WORK 20hrs a week tbh. 30hrs if it's tax time or end of year...

People do need to stop accepting the typical and open their eyes to what's out there in life...
A full time job should be anything over 28 hours. But this is america, if you're not working 3000 hours per week, you're a lousy, commie-loving, welfare degenerate.

I made my peace many years ago. Now a brother is just feasting off this settlement.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I had thought about hospital pharmacy but I got swayed into the slightly better pay at retail also I started out as a tech and they paid for some of my schooling so I had to do a few years for the company and ended up staying.

Yep
that's what's up. It's tough work and stressful from what I've seen. I'm currently about to start the last week of my month long rx training program. Whole management team has to do it. It's 160 hours down here. Been doing the ppl too. Lately been learning about typing. Still gotta do the wcb and tpr stuff. Learn a lot being back there all the time. Plus they took power out and it means more work and handling calls. Even me helping it still gets hectic. I say we average about 175 a day. Sales been up for the month so far tho. Luckily I always used to help out back there as the designated hitter with filling and customer service so it's easy for me. My co-worker going next and she never goes back there. They gonna kill her. My store manager said he's bout to go after the team. :mjlol: he never even steps foot in there. We'll see how that goes. Need to finish my registration and then look into getting certified. Have it as something extra on my file. And it helps having it to move up to asm and mgr too, if they still gonna keep them around with all the changes they got every month.