People are saying my face wash routine is too much, pics inside

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
All I ever do in the morning is wash my face in the shower and then put on some cocoa butter or hemp seed lotion 🧴 and then beard oil for my beard.

So basically I'll use no more than two different hair and skincare products every morning. I assume you must have some sort of acne or dry skin issue to be using nearly 7 different types of moisturizers.
There’s only 1 moisturizer in the pic :why:

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Grapefruit (eating), Melons will give you that glow glow

(Berries) Food is your medicine.

Green leafy

Cut out sugar and salt out of the diet

Not trying to knock your routine, but if you turn on the back of those products and you can't pronounce the ingredients or know what they are, I wouldn't use that shyt. A nice natural bar soap with 2-4 ingredients if you just have to have something.

I use ginger soap, soap made from actual ginger and turmeric soap, soap made from turmeric to cleanse and add some coconut cream, or a tea tree substance for apply the smoothness

Pimple free

The skin is the biggest organ of the body, and it absorbs what you put on it. Stop adding cancerous things into your blood system.

The creator gave you the medicine that come from the earth :blessed:

While you're at it, stop using deodorant with aluminum and that other shyt you can't pronounce that they pack in them shyts.

If you can't pronounce it denounce it Live yo life black man

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Another thing I forgot is that getting skincare info from female vloggers specifically is gonna steer you in a different direction somewhat because 98% of men don't wear any makeup so skin issues that come from constantly wearing makeup ain't a thing.

AM
Face wash
Face Scrub (2x a week only)
Toner
Serum
Eye cream
Moisturizer
AM lotion

PM
Face wash
Toner (on days using retinol)
Retinol (4-5x a week, never on the days using face scrub in the AM)
Eye cream
Moisturizer
PM lotion

Been doing this routine for over a year now and my skin has been glowing. Very cutesy. Very demure. ☺️
I mentioned in a skincare thread before, be careful with using Retinol because issues can develop with its use topically. It also loses its effect when you stop using it. The best alternative is to get it though food, you can save a LOT of money and just get your retinoids from sweet potatoes, carrots, etc. Your body will absorb then convert it and distribute everywhere not just your face.

I use PM moisturizer all day because usually AM/PM is just marketing but PM moisturizer will normally have a higher concentration of Niacinamide since your body does its repair work while you sleep, the BIG thing is Niacinamide has inherent UV protection properties which is why I said earlier that black folks don't need sunscreen all like that, unless you working outside all summer

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Nah, she wild for that black folks shouldn't be using Glycolic Acid, that stuff will bleach your skin, the only skincare acid you should be using is Mandelic acid for any type of pigmentation issues. Everything else will bleach your skin, that stuff is pushed heavy for YT folks and Korean beauty that want bright white skin :francis:

It's so much science behind skin care that isn't discussed that people just throw out products to use but don't know what these chemicals do and how they interact with each other, I did a MASSIVE amount of research specifically regarding black skin and most of these companies cater to a specific demographic but just make sure the products are safe for humans but not how effective they are

So what did your research uncover :feedme:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just use african black soap and shea butter lotion. I use vitamin C serum too i got to cop some more

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Dudu-Osun-Black-Soap-6-Count_2216ab0b-4cac-42c6-8f80-5ff83b2d736e.23b63b3a9c882fd699792f1152a5aae8.jpeg

s571265-main-zoom.jpg

Asepxia-Cleansing-Bar-Charcoal-Face-Wash-Black-Soap_6c60a329-9da3-4327-8375-f44385120d03.6603f35d1fcdf0a45b5f894cfc7de8ab.jpeg

10331000167.jpg

23314088_fpx.tif

* I also make a moisturizer using raw shea butter, organic cocoa butter, almond oil, egg yolk, a splash of beer for the hops, and a few other oils.

The key to facial dominant superiority is the dudu osun soap and using a facial brush and NEVER reusing a facial towel. Always use the towel that 1 wash and then a new one the next wash. I wash my face atleast twice a day.

*Forgot to add that I use this also:

aztec-clay-mask-cat1.jpg

LeMasqueDesincrustantauCharbonVegetal_1.png

Last edited: