People are saying my face wash routine is too much, pics inside

Sugarbush

Sucka Free
Supporter
Daps
Sunscreen ain't really necessary for real that's for YT folks skin because we have natural SPF, alot of sunscreen is zinc based anyway so it'll make your brownskin look like a ashy ghost.
Big misconception. Sunscreen also protects you from blemishes and aging from sun exposure. They make sunscreens without Zn.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Shorty right here put me on the double cleanse method

No complaints from me so far

Nah, she wild for that black folks shouldn't be using Glycolic Acid, that stuff will bleach your skin, the only skincare acid you should be using is Mandelic acid for any type of pigmentation issues. Everything else will bleach your skin, that stuff is pushed heavy for YT folks and Korean beauty that want bright white skin :francis:

It's so much science behind skin care that isn't discussed that people just throw out products to use but don't know what these chemicals do and how they interact with each other, I did a MASSIVE amount of research specifically regarding black skin and most of these companies cater to a specific demographic but just make sure the products are safe for humans but not how effective they are

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I started using clinique products after watching some Korean glass face tutorials
I can see a difference and my bags are starting to go away , I use Cerave eye repair for that
I'm not up on sunscreen yet but some lady I follow that's in her 50s but look 35 promotes wearing it everyday you go outside regardless of complexion. That might be my next move

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Nah, she wild for that black folks shouldn't be using Glycolic Acid, that stuff will bleach your skin, the only skincare acid you should be using is Mandelic acid for any type of pigmentation issues. Everything else will bleach your skin, that stuff is pushed heavy for YT folks and Korean beauty that want bright white skin :francis:

It's so much science behind skin care that isn't discussed that people just throw out products to use but don't know what these chemicals do and how they interact with each other, I did a MASSIVE amount of research specifically regarding black skin and most of these companies cater to a specific demographic but just make sure the products are safe for humans but not how effective they are
Good

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Big misconception. Sunscreen also protects you from blemishes and aging from sun exposure. They make sunscreens without Zn.
Sunscreen blocks UV light which specifically your skin needs to absorb for vitamin D conversions, black people are more deficient in Vitamin D than other groups:sas1:

Like I said, stuff will be catered towards yt people and not us, they still never updated the daily nutrition values for sodium on the side of food boxes, we are supposed to have 1500mg of sodium but the daily value is listed at around 2400mg, tons of "nutrition experts" fail to realize this:sas1:

Last edited:

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq

Gylocolic acid is good for hyperpigmentation and acne scars

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Gylocolic acid is good for hyperpigmentation and acne scars
Mandelic Acid is for dark skin, it does the same thing it without bleaching or burning your skin, most of these companies that sell skincare products don't even give accurate concentrations of the ingredients so you really don't know the concentration unless you read a SDS for said product, even then stuff is convoluted so you have to look up specific chemicals, a chemist would do it but average consumer isn't :yeshrug:

Above everything though is diet and sleep and WATER INTAKE.

If you not staying hydrated and drinking enough water NONE OF THESE PRODUCTS will do anything for you, also sleep.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
All I ever do in the morning is wash my face in the shower and then put on some cocoa butter or hemp seed lotion 🧴 and then beard oil for my beard.

So basically I'll use no more than two different hair and skincare products every morning. I assume you must have some sort of acne or dry skin issue to be using nearly 7 different types of moisturizers.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Only things I don’t use daily are the serum and sunscreens

when you done and look in the mirror

Img.jpg

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AM
Face wash
Face Scrub (2x a week only)
Toner
Serum
Eye cream
Moisturizer
AM lotion

PM
Face wash
Toner (on days using retinol)
Retinol (4-5x a week, never on the days using face scrub in the AM)
Eye cream
Moisturizer
PM lotion

Been doing this routine for over a year now and my skin has been glowing. Very cutesy. Very demure. ☺️