Pedro Pascal has joined the cast of HBO's The Last of Us as Joel

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not accurate to the lore, plus you can easily create a new character and story in the TLOU universe.

We all know what happens to Joel. What if Ali plays a marine, who was in the middle east when the outbreak popped off? What if the series is him trying to get back to US, in an effort to reunite w/ his wife and kids?
Not accurate to the lore? :comeon:Did I miss the part of the games where Joel’s whiteness somehow was integral to the story

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He actually looks like him :hubie:
I rather Ali have a whole new story in the show, but it looks like they just redoing the game but on tv, so Imma pass on the show :hubie:
How does he look like Joel ?are you trolling or you really are just worried about skin tone as your main trait . Can’t be a black man but let it be a dude from chile you cool with

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
1. Mahershala playing Black Joel is a dumb idea because we are well past the idea of "straight up adaption or bust". In 2021 it should be the standard of Multimedia IPs to use secondary and tertiary media projects to flesh out their universes and concepts....which leads to my second point....

2. Its so fukking creatively bankrupt and a shameless cash grab to tell the Joel and Elie story again, whether it be with Mahershala or Pedro (who isnt that great of an actor tbh). In fact its basically a implicit insult to the games as not being "accessible" enough so much so they have to adapt the story to a TV show that will probably pale in tone and execution of the video game.

Not letting the storytelling of TLoU video game stand on its own further perpetuates the ever retarded idea that "video games, comics and cartoons are for kids" stereotype...that these media forms cant be taken seriously as art in their original form....that they have to be adapted to be "true art" (and to truly capitalize financially off of them). This phenomenon I call Watchmen Syndrome.:francis:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
1. Mahershala playing Black Joel is a dumb idea because we are well past the idea of "straight up adaption or bust". In 2021 it should be the standard of Multimedia IPs to use secondary and tertiary media projects to flesh out their universes and concepts....which leads to my second point....

2. Its so fukking creatively bankrupt and a shameless cash grab to tell the Joel and Elie story again, whether it be with Mahershala or Pedro (who isnt that great of an actor tbh). In fact its basically a implicit insult to the games as not being "accessible" enough so much so they have to adapt the story to a TV show that will probably pale in tone and execution of the video game.

Not letting the storytelling of TLoU video game stand on its own further perpetuates the ever retarded idea that "video games, comics and cartoons are for kids" stereotype...that these media forms cant be taken seriously as art in their original form....that they have to adapted to be "true art" (and to truly capitalize financially off of them). This phenomenon I call Watchmen Syndrome.:francis:

I agree, i feel like the show retreading the same ground devalues the masterful work the actors did in the game. If i could actively stage a real boycott for this i would.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
The people who'd rather joel be faithfully a cac saying that cause they just want the series to match up to the game. I mean sure him being black wouldn't have changed anything in the story, but on the other hand, why only joel? Why not ellie too? Plus of he was black then you basically would be ok with seeing his black daughter
get shot to death at the start of the series and eventually see him get his brains bashed in unless they change it up,

I'd rather see a white joel in suffering compromising situations than a black one :yeshrug:
I'm still pissed off to how the black guys they got met got done in the first game, having a lil brother that shyt made me cry I had to stop playing for a week.

Damn just thinking about it the children in this game got such a short end of the stick.

Wait, what's going on? Where am I?

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
On a side note, I'm surprised Troy Baker hasn't made a jump into TV/Films himself

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The people who'd rather joel be faithfully a cac saying that cause they just want the series to match up to the game. I mean sure him being black wouldn't have changed anything in the story, but on the other hand, why only joel? Why not ellie too? Plus of he was black then you basically would be ok with seeing his black daughter
get shot to death at the start of the series and eventually see him get his brains bashed in unless they change it up,

I'd rather see a white joel in suffering compromising situations than a black one :yeshrug:
I'm still pissed off to how the black guys they got met got done in the first game, having a lil brother that shyt made me cry I had to stop playing for a week.

Damn just thinking about it the children in this game got such a short end of the stick.

Wait, what's going on? Where am I?

I just want him to be a cac so I can watch a live action version of Abby bashing is fukking head in :unimpressed: