Payyyybackk!! We owe you Chiefs Nikkas from way back!!! (49ers/Cheifs)

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TBF thry have been hit with massive injuries to their skill position players and its obvious the offensive scheme has shifted abd adjusted from that
I gave him that last year when it literally looked like the WR and O line were point shaving but this year, even when Rice and Pachecho played he aint look the same. So many missed throws and :wtf: decisions.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
The chiefs are reminding me of the old Patriots this year. Solid defense and the offense is kind of spotty but still moving down the field. You truly have to play a perfect game to beat them. It just seems like things always swing in their favor in the games. I used to hate when it was happening for the Patriots but it's interesting watching this team since I don't mind them winning

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The chiefs are reminding me of the old Patriots this year. Solid defense and the offense is kind of spotty but still moving down the field. You truly have to play a perfect game to beat them. It just seems like things always swing in their favor in the games. I used to hate when it was happening for the Patriots but it's interesting watching this team since I don't mind them winning
I would say the 16 Broncos are a better comp. The Pats MO was not making mistakes on either side but particularly on offense. They had an absurd TO differential for an absurdly long time. This squad is being carried by the defense and the offense is shaky as hell despite the pedigree of their QB. At least we knew Peyton was :flabbynsick:. No idea whats happening with Pat.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would say the 16 Broncos are a better comp. The Pats MO was not making mistakes on either side but particularly on offense. They had an absurd TO differential for an absurdly long time. This squad is being carried by the defense and the offense is shaky as hell despite the pedigree of their QB. At least we knew Peyton was :flabbynsick:. No idea whats happening with Pat.
Apparently it’s more Eric Bieniemy than them losing their top 2 WR’s, now 3rd, starting RB, and TE1 starting to show his age in the reg szn.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
That is a good comp. But everyone knew that Manning was done that year and just gutted it out. Mahomes is still in his prime right now. That TD run is something Manning could never do. The offense just out of sync and I'm not sure if it's play calling or personnel. They're still putting up points it's just more of a grind for them to get down the field. Plus with Rice out they don't have a dynamic player anymore. Kelce can't shoulder the load like he used to.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you don’t have the horses you play to your strengths
Indeed. Your QB looking like GOAT is supposed to be one of those strengths and that hasnt been the case. And I say this as a Pat fan. Last year he looked like GOAT throwing to dudes that were point shaving. This year, some of his decisions have looked like he is in on it. I do believe that not having "bad cop" around has negatively impacted everyone.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is a good comp. But everyone knew that Manning was done that year and just gutted it out. Mahomes is still in his prime right now. That TD run is something Manning could never do. The offense just out of sync and I'm not sure if it's play calling or personnel. They're still putting up points it's just more of a grind for them to get down the field. Plus with Rice out they don't have a dynamic player anymore. Kelce can't shoulder the load like he used to.
Dont get me wrong...Noah Gray being your top reciever is not ideal. Its not fair to expect peak Chief offense. But it is fair to expect Jordan in cleats not to be making some of the :wtf: throws he has made. You just eliminate that and the offense looks better.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Indeed. Your QB looking like GOAT is supposed to be one of those strengths and that hasnt been the case. And I say this as a Pat fan. Last year he looked like GOAT throwing to dudes that were point shaving. This year, some of his decisions have looked like he is in on it. I do believe that not having "bad cop" around has negatively impacted everyone.
Fair point :russ:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He hasn’t looked good at all so far, and this is still by far worse than that receiver room. He actually wasn’t having a great year last yr, it just got better once Rice developed and gave a consistent outside threat. And the playoffs when he gets it done anyway. Now there’s no Rice, no Hollywood, no Juju, and X ain’t gonna be that type of receiver. Kelce is either saving it for one or two more post season runs, or he doesn’t have it anymore, but we won’t know until January.

If you remember, CMC was the MVP favorite because all passing offenses were looking mid last season. Lamar took it once he smacked the 9ers. And ppl still hate on that MVP. Just remember these weeks when he has Rice or Hollywood back:manny: no reason to overextend on offense when the defense is elite. Just keep it close and he comes through when it matters the most, whether it’s running or throwing.

The coli is the only place I’ve seen EB’s name in two yrs. Breh ain’t even a pro anymore. Pat had one of the greatest individual seasons ever without him. Na that’s cap tbf I had my timeline off

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He hasn’t looked good at all so far, and this is still by far worse than that receiver room. He actually wasn’t having a great year last yr, it just got better once Rice developed and gave a consistent outside threat. And the playoffs when he gets it done anyway. Now there’s no Rice, no Hollywood, no Juju, and X ain’t gonna be that type of receiver. Kelce is either saving it for one or two more post season runs, or he doesn’t have it anymore, but we won’t know until January.

If you remember, CMC was the MVP favorite because all passing offenses were looking mid last season. Lamar took it once he smacked the 9ers. And ppl still hate on that MVP. Just remember these weeks when he has Rice or Hollywood back:manny: no reason to overextend on offense when the defense is elite. Just keep it close and he comes through when it matters the most, whether it’s running or throwing.

The coli is the only place I’ve seen EB’s name in two yrs. Breh ain’t even a pro anymore. Pat had one of the greatest individual seasons ever without him. Na that’s cap tbf I had my timeline off
There is not overextending and there is giving the ball away or making poor throws. If anything those errors force the offense to overextend or cross their fingers at the end of games rather than winning them easier with less stress and wear and tear.

I mention Beinemy because drops, offensive penalties, and poor QB decisions are all a result of a lack of focus/discipline. Beinemy's rep is being too hard on guys which usually translates to "demands focus and discipline". People keep talking about the WR room, look at the recievers in the year that you are referring to when Mahomes and the offense balled out.

Respect for the correction and honesty breh :salute:

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
How many times does mahomes have to show y'all doubtful nikkas that he can win a chip with 37u teammates...:martin:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There is not overextending and there is giving the ball away or making poor throws. If anything those errors force the offense to overextend or cross their fingers at the end of games rather than winning them easier with less stress and wear and tear.

I mention Beinemy because drops, offensive penalties, and poor QB decisions are all a result of a lack of focus/discipline. Beinemy's rep is being too hard on guys which usually translates to "demands focus and discipline". People keep talking about the WR room, look at the recievers in the year that you are referring to when Mahomes and the offense balled out.

Respect for the correction and honesty breh :salute:
I can’t remember every int off the top of my head, but just the last 3 were Juju dropping a TD into a D-lineman’s hands, a d lineman tip yesterday, and Worthy slipping out of his route on physical play. His attempts are down 6 per game, so every play is gonna have a bigger impact when there are fewer opportunities to make up for them. He also had a clear TD to Hardman where he slipped out of his route on what was basically the same route that won the last SB, but I’m not mad because it led to one of my favorite TD’s from him yet. But that’s why I’m saying they lean into their strengths: interior line and defense. When he loses a game on his poor performance like the Christmas game, or he falls through in the clutch like the last playoff L, I’ll be worried.

Rn I worry more about his misses than the turnovers, like overthrowing a clear Worthy TD yesterday or missing Kelce when he’s open, but he also has his pocket presence fukked up because his tackles are cooked, and hasn’t been able to build that consistency with anybody yet. That’s shyt that doesn’t happen when the game is on the line. He’s keeping shyt afloat, and the team is undefeated. I been saying since last yr, it’s situational football. They don’t have to win pretty, or one single way. They just win.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Old Pats had a way better offense.
01-6th in ppg
03-12th in ppg
04-4th in ppg. The defensive quality is similar, though. They can not only shut you down, but make their biggest plays/stops in the biggest moments