PAWG gets rejected from barista role despite having eight years experience in the barista field

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Sadly in this economy, businesses are going through it as hard as ole girl trying to get the gig. I can't hate the game because I have been there. All the years of actually wanting to work in IT to the point of being a salesman, only to realize that the suits just want to pump and dump.

The illusion of working your ass off and having a strong resume is what it is, when my wifes former employer hired a PDF, a inexperienced worker, and somebody fresh out of high school to work with autistic children :francis:

Feel for ole girl, but the game is rigged AF to save a buck.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's amazing how many people show up in threads like this to DEFEND the establishment. Says a lot about where we are as a society. People fighting to protect the matrix they are stuck in.

She's right BTW. They could've extended an offer at whatever they think they could afford to pay. They didn't. So the excuse that she's too qualified is nonsense.

There is the other issue that sometimes they just have to post the job for legal reasons but they already know who they want to hire.

There's other nuances too, but in the end, the person looking for a job suffers. That's it.

Dchris14

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
This has been a growing conversation all year. I've been told post-graduation that depending on the job you're applying for, it's best to cut some experience or remove certain qualifications from your resume to avoid getting filtered out. You've got degree holders getting rejected from stock jobs, and the reason being is they know for a fact you have no intent on staying there. She's got 8 years of experience in her field which SHOULD be appealing, but these jobs are going to hire people they can finesse for cheaper. It's honestly pretty fukked.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe there were multiple other people with lots of experience like her that applied and she got the short end of the stick. Also, it’s possible her application got filtered out by ATS? Maybe her answers to certain questions on the application triggered a rejection flag. I’ve had situations where I’ve applied to jobs and got auto-rejected minutes later. Either way, your not entitled to an interview or job just because you have experience lol.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
It's amazing how many people show up in threads like this to DEFEND the establishment. Says a lot about where we are as a society. People fighting to protect the matrix they are stuck in.

She's right BTW. They could've extended an offer at whatever they think they could afford to pay. They didn't. So the excuse that she's too qualified is nonsense.

There is the other issue that sometimes they just have to post the job for legal reasons but they already know who they want to hire.

There's other nuances too, but in the end, the person looking for a job suffers. That's it.
Many of these posters are paid to post here.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You don't know why she wasn't hired.

I work in government. Depending on the department or position that's open we are required to open some to external candidates. And 96% of them still go internal.

And regardless everyone gets the same generic "thank you for your time and consideration at this time we decided to move forth with the process..."

One of my coworkers wrote back to the generic email asking for more information (as a joke) and someone reached out saying he didn't meet qualifications and a list of certifications and experience he would need to get a "career" here and he replied back "you do know I've been employed here for 9.5 years right?"

We still laugh about that shyt. Probably one of the best running jokes in our office.

We call security and say there's a stranger or civilian in the break room or or wandering the building. We pack up his shyt and put it in boxes. He never gets mad. Anything he gets informed of a new policy or reprimanded he's like "you do know I don't even work here right?"

"Then why are we paying you?"

"I don't know. I keep showing up and you keep paying me. It's a fair deal. According to hr I'm not qualified or experienced."

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You don't know why she wasn't hired.

I work in government. Depending on the department or position that's open we are required to open some to external candidates. And 96% of them still go internal.

And regardless everyone gets the same generic "thank you for your time and consideration at this time we decided to move forth with the process..."

One of my coworkers wrote back to the generic email asking for more information (as a joke) and someone reached out saying he didn't meet qualifications and a list of certifications and experience he would need to get a "career" here and he replied back "you do know I've been employed here for 9.5 years right?"

We still laugh about that shyt. Probably one of the best running jokes in our office.

We call security and say there's a stranger or civilian in the break room or or wandering the building. We pack up his shyt and put it in boxes. He never gets mad. Anything he gets informed of a new policy or reprimanded he's like "you do know I don't even work here right?"

"Then why are we paying you?"

"I don't know. I keep showing up and you keep paying me. It's a fair deal. According to hr I'm not qualified or experienced."
😂

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Should have just showed up at the cafe and went

b54d5b0b72a8ca51f70f0ed104d3e28712ee59a0.gifv