PAWG gets rejected from barista role despite having eight years experience in the barista field

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Because there's something wrong with someone who has over 10 years working at a coffee shop.
Same as a McDonalds or Walmart.
i wasn't going to be a hater, but i was thinking this too.

Like its impressive to have a long extensive resume in the higher corporate world. CFO with 19 years experience is highly sought after.
But a career coffee shop worker?

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
I wonder if her application even got seen by a human. They got all the auto filtering systems now and it's getting even worse with AI. I've applied to jobs on a Friday and received rejection emails on Saturday and Sunday. And I know those lazy Talent Acq people not working weekends.

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Maybe it was because of all the bullshyt fluffing she did with her experience. What I'm reading between the lines is that the highest level she's achieved in her field in 8 years is being an assistant manager for 2 of them. "5 years of shift leading" just sounds like the head barista, or whatever that would be called (I don't know shyt about coffee shop staffing).

Last edited:

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps

100-Mark-1971.jpg

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
It's not that serious, Lady... they already Knew who they wanted for the job , they just had to put up the AD to make it look good.

I'm watching a situation happen in real time at the Crib, but from the OTHER side...Sometimes folks want to help they people out, skip'em RIGHT to the front of the line