Pathfinder: Kingmaker (Linux, Windows, Mac, Xbox One, PS4)

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
honestly same thing. i've played some other heavy rpg games like this in the past like Pillars of Eternity, Baldurs Gate, etc but Pathfinder is way more technical. I had to read up and check youtube too because my first builds were gahbage :dead: running around poisoned with 1 dex wondering what the fukk hit me

now that i learned how the mechanics, this game rewards you twice over for what you put into it. the writing is legit too... some of the ways these scenarios play out based on choice priority is A1. shyt you can even play the long game and make that betrayal that much more demonic :demonic:
its fire. you're on your final boss shyt.

by the time you get to the sequel the next major update should be out too

dope time to hop into the series

Yeah I went in thinking this was like Balders gate, Pillars, Divinity etc… and found out the hard way it is nothing like them. If you don’t pay attention to your build and the stats provided the game will punish you for it. You can’t chose a sorcerer and not put in the relevant points to the specified field otherwise all that will happen is you will suffer. The creation system is absolutely in sane in the amount of choices it opens up to you.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Good game, the sequel is just as good if not better:

Good thing about it is you do not need to beat the first game to play this one, but may not pick up on things that happened in the first.

First game is fun as fukk though, never heard of this game until about two weeks ago when people were talking about the sequel on YouTube and what they was saying blew my mind. I was like :ohhh:is this a new game? And then did my research and found out there was two games already in the series. I immediately bought the first and was blown away immediately from the character creation system. I mean choosing your bloodline dam.:wow:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Ok got to act 3, and this is easily my favourite game of its kind surpassing DOS2 for me. Just love every aspect of this game and the lore is so engaging.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This shyt is too complex for me, I’ve been in character creator for like 30 minutes already. I dont know what to pick

Also, why they only got one breh portrait????? @42 Monks

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This shyt is too complex for me, I’ve been in character creator for like 30 minutes already. I dont know what to pick

if you playing a game like this on console you working uphill :hubie: i had half a dozen portrait packs to work with

and yeah, it is *extremely* in depth. kingmaker is a brutal game breh. i'm not gonna tip toe around that. IF you learn the systems its as rewarding as it is difficult, but i'd recommend Wrath of The Righteous over it simply because its a lot more new player friendly

for the record i played and dropped kingmaker maybe half a dozen times :unimpressed: i beat and enjoyed this game with nothing but anger driving me

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

You have to be patient with this game, you will figure out the mechanic eventually. There are tutorials online that you can watch on YouTube to figure things out. The game and the lore is well worth investing in trust me once things settle this game will blow your mind.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
if you playing a game like this on console you working uphill :hubie: i had half a dozen portrait packs to work with

and yeah, it is *extremely* in depth. kingmaker is a brutal game breh. i'm not gonna tip toe around that. IF you learn the systems its as rewarding as it is difficult, but i'd recommend Wrath of The Righteous over it simply because its a lot more new player friendly

for the record i played and dropped kingmaker maybe half a dozen times :unimpressed: i beat and enjoyed this game with nothing but anger driving me

Wrath of the Righteous isn’t out for console yet, this was only like 10 bucks so i figured why not?

I gotta put my computer into boot camp to play it on pc which is a pain in the ass, especially when I have to work on it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
this game is fire :wow:

I wish i had picked a warrior/fighter class for my main guy though, magic ain’t that good in this game:francis:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
this game is fire :wow:

I wish i had picked a warrior/fighter class for my main guy though, magic ain’t that good in this game:francis:

:francis::francis::francis:Wrong my friend wrong, magic isn’t good initially but in the later levels the Wizards and mages are walking Gods. Arcane trickster is fukking broken as fukk, Mages/Wizards are the only ones that can bypass bloodlines abilities despite not having a bloodline. What I would advice is create a hybrid between a warrior and Mage. Eldritch Knight as a sub class is great he’ll get multiple sub classes I would also recommend Dragon disciple for that strength buff.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:francis::francis::francis:Wrong my friend wrong, magic isn’t good initially but in the later levels the Wizards and mages are walking Gods. Arcane trickster is fukking broken as fukk, Mages/Wizards are the only ones that can bypass bloodlines abilities despite not having a bloodline. What I would advice is create a hybrid between a warrior and Mage. Eldritch Knight as a sub class is great he’ll get multiple sub classes I would also recommend Dragon disciple for that strength buff.

When do you start leveling sub classes?

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Azata and Zippy Magic on a mage is disgusting Edit: Disregard, for some reason i thought this was the thread for WOTR

Last edited:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
When do you start leveling sub classes?

Depends on the required prerequisites for the later classes, you can multi-class immediately but it is pointless as you need to invest in a class to get the benefit unless you want a particularly feat from a class then you can just one level it. For the most part when you have met the prerequisites for the later classes you can then dive in. Make sure you read what the prerequisites are so you can know which path to take later.