Pastor With $300K Car, Mansions, Baby mamas, Brings Flashy Lifestyle To Reality TV

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps

This fall’s hottest reality show may not be one with any housewives or contestants voting each other off an island but, instead, with a cast you’d least expect to see on reality TV, preachers.

“Preachers of L.A.” on the Oxygen network follows six men-of-the-cloth both behind the pulpit and behind the scenes of their lives and their churches.

The show, scheduled for a fall 2013 debut, follows the son of an evangelist who was shunned by his church after a divorce; a pastor whose church is “full of celebrities”; a bishop whose weekly broadcast reaches 250 million homes worldwide; a pastor whose greatest obstacle comes from “within his own family”; a bishop who was a gang member and drug addict before turning to God; and a pastor who was a pioneer of competitive skateboarding, all as described on the show’s own website.

“It’s all about the truth for me from this point on,” says one of the cast members, Deitrick Haddon. “[The] truth about my baby out of wedlock, the truth about my divorce. It happened. There’s nothing I can do about that.”

The show focuses not just on the religious lives of the six men – Haddon, Bishop Noel Jones, Bishop Clarence McClendon, Pastor Wayne Cheney, Bishop Ron Gibson and Pastor Jay Haizlip – but also on their flashy lifestyles and extravagant wealth.
“The Bible says I wish above all things that you would prosper,” McClendon says in one episode. “I believe that.”

“P. Diddy and Jay-Z… They’re not the only ones who should be driving Ferraris and living in large houses,” Gibson says in another episode.

Statements like those from the “Preachers” have led to a chorus of critics claiming the men not displaying real Christianity.

“You cannot avoid the impression that these men are preaching and pastoring for the money,” Frank Peretti, a best-selling author of Christian fiction, told ABC News.
Before it has even aired its first episode, the show already has viewers divided, with comments like these posted on the show’s YouTube page.

“I’m so ashamed to be Christian right now,” wrote one user.

“God doesn’t want us to be poor,” wrote another.

The stars of “Preachers of L.A.” argue the lifestyles they lead are the reward, not the mission.

“The best part of my job is helping hurting people,” said Gibson.

‘Preachers of L.A.’ Reality Show Brings Flash, Controversy - ABC News

Last edited by a moderator:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
they just want to help people which is why they spend millions of dollars on luxury items instead of helping the poor and suffering people with that money. makes sense to me.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Isaiah 56
11And the dogs are greedy, they are not satisfied.
And they are shepherds who have no understanding;
They have all turned to their own way,
Each one to his unjust gain, to the last one.

It's sad you have so many preachers out there using money from the congregation not to help the poor, but to live a prosperity gospel fantasy. they'll have to answer for what they're doing

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
Couldn't he be doing something like putting his money back into the community and helping the poor?

This is the kinda bullshyt that makes me so abhorrent about the church. Tax free, racks in money but are living the lavish lifestyle instead of putting their so called beliefs into action.

Some of these people live their lives less christian than non-believers like myself.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
They are hustlers and pimps just the same. I thought salvation was free? :ld:

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
:beli: no disrespect to the gospel community as I grew up in the church, but why can't the gospel community come up with their own original ideas if they claim they are here to spread the gospel ...these clowns always mimicking what the secular world is doing (american idol, reality shows, rap, and so on and so on) which is why they get no respect and they wonder why Satan is winning right now...as soon as I get totally right with God I'm calling these nggas out....

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I don't blame the pastors, can't knock the hustle. Blame their dumb ass congregations who have no problem with their pastors driving sports cars while kids are starving all over America. The pastors wouldn't be able to do all this if they didn't have grown ass people enabling them :beli:

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
All things being equal, would you rather a rich secular "thug" celebrity or a rich "holy" "balance" "Godly" person, as inspiration?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:beli: no disrespect to the gospel community as I grew up in the church, but why can't the gospel community come up with their own original ideas if they claim they are here to spread the gospel ...these clowns always mimicking what the secular world is doing (american idol, reality shows, rap, and so on and so on) which is why they get no respect and they wonder why Satan is winning right now...as soon as I get totally right with God I'm calling these nggas out....

nikka shut yo ass up. :pacspit: