Past and present Serena Williams comparison — what happens when you listen to whites

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
“Listening to whites”?

Calling a spade a spade, us Black people have more to do with the issues she has with her issues looks than white people.
74520892.jpg

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Similar memory for me...

Brothers always favored her over Venus because she was the thicker one. As they grew into their adult bodies throughout their 20s Serena became one of the baddest celebrity women period and was regarded as such by brothers. Sge was beautiful, though most of us wouldn't call her "drop dead gorgeous". She was beautiful though and her body was maybe the best in all of entertainment...

There was always a small, small segment of us who said "she looked good for a dark-skinned chick", but in my remembrance that was a tiny minority...

To be honest I don't remember alot of comments about her natural features coming until later, like post-2010. She did get more sculpted and then you heard brothers who related her to men, and you got dudes calling her ugly. That number was greater than in years past but I still think the dudes who said that were well below what the majority of brothers said---->but those disrespectful comments about her looks from black men did exist...

Personally I never spent enough time in white spaces or online places to know what they thought of her, but it is hardly a surprise to hear she was probably beat up by them as much or more than black folk. Yall gotta remember this girl has been in the limelight since she was a preteen, most of the places she went and people she was around, particularly given she plays tennis, would be white. The amount of times she probably heard any disparaging remark about any of her naturally black features, from the mouths of a Caucasian, probably far surpass what any one of us would estimate. So I definitely disagree that black people would be most responsible for her lack of appreciation of her blackness...

I'm sure she didn't live in a bubble, she was probably aware there were black people who shytted on her, and that may have started as a kid and laid the blueprint for what we see today. Remember she from Compton, and when she was growing up in Compton it was majority black and we all know kids are crude. So it's believable that maybe she started hearing she was unattractive from black kids as an adolescent...

But I highly, highly doubt that this woman who is now 40, and has been a legal adult for 22 years, was more disrespected by black people in adulthood. I highly doubt that, the large majority of us praised her looks and supported her celebrity...

Regardless, wishing this sister peace, that one day she can grow comfortable with her natural self, and that she is able to build strong black confidence within that daughter of hers who is growing up in majority white spaces. Might be asking alot on that but I hope Serena finds peace within herself!

I fux with all this ....

But nah... You see this alot with adults who were prodigys or had some special talent when they were young.

They don't grow up normal. And it fux up their mental development and how they see themselves.
How they see the world.

Ain't nothing to do with black people or white people...
Just some shyt going on in her own head from childhood ..
In my opinion

Last edited:
Daps
Yeah she's mentally fukked up and most likely bleaching and disfiguring her face. But people need to stop acting like she's not going to show some natural effects of aging.

She was a world class elite athlete and that pic on the left looks like its from over 20 yrs ago, pre-children. Of course she's not going to look as physically attractive.

I never really liked her anyway to be honest. She always seemed to rub me the wrong way about some things. Her crip walking after winning a championship when her own sister was a murder victim is one example that comes to mind.

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
Do you have any insight to how people at home regarded her coming up? Like did dudes fukk with her, was she popular, awkward, anything like that?
She older than me so most my peers looked up to her wasn’t nothing negative said since they played at the tennis
Courts at my park growing up..was all love

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
She on that Sam Sosa shyt

A result of a lifetime of colorist jokes, racist comments, micro aggressions, ugly jokes, trans jokes from not just cacs but probably mostly from her own people

That’s why he did it and why she did it ppl be too quick to stigmatize these folks and not point the finger at society ppl mental health is real
White people were publicly calling her a man....

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
People really front about how we treat each other.
The same people that are super pro-black now were making dark skin jokes in high school.
Serena did not get love until people seen how phat her ass was than she got love