Paramount Erases Archives of MTV Website, Wipes Music, Culture History After 30 Plus Years

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Only crime and politics is news now?

You got it, bro.
Crime, politics, finances, charity work, weather, local events, business openings/closings, health information, etc

You should probably spend more time watching the news than watching entertainers.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Some of you don't remember how big MTV was at one point. They were having up and coming Presidential candidates like Bill Clinton on their platform at one point and young people were asking him everything from the Anita Hill/ Clarence Thomas situation to what kind of underwear he was wearing. (:dame:)

How the mighty have fallen. :wow:

From this to 24 hours of “Ridiculousness” how the fukk did this happen

concise

Veteran
Daps
Crime, politics, finances, charity work, weather, local events, business openings/closings, health information, etc

You should probably spend more time watching the news than watching entertainers.

Entertainment (AKA the arts) has always been covered in the news. As well as sports.

Turn on a news broadcast sometime. You'll see it.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Entertainment (AKA the arts) has always been covered in the news. As well as sports.

Turn on a news broadcast sometime. You'll see it.
And it looks like the people responsible for archiving stuff like this agree with me sooo I guess you can pretend that Brian McKnight article holds some sort of significance worth archiving.

But the grownups just look at it as entertainment. In the moment fluff to occupy dead time in your life. Absolutely nothing of value was lost.:yeshrug:

Daps
I do wish they would‘ve sent it to an archive for proper preservation. Sucks for us researchers/professors in the arts and humanities.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. These videos need to be saved

2. Crazy how alot of the people you see in that video are more than likely are conservatives. Nothing wrong with that, but it's surprising considering that Generation X was considered the b*stard stepchild to Boomers and the Silent Generation.
White kids were influenced by Reaganomics and the 80s lifestyle. Their whole lives was conservative politics and the only liberal (Carter) had the energy crisis

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
There was a time that MTV and MTV.com consumed me, especially in the late 90’s/early 2000’s. Sucks that they wiped away those historical TRL shows and moments that most people will never get to see again.