Paid in Full.. Mitch had all this money but mom and sonny still up in the hood

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
nikka buying bikes, cars and jewelry but got mom up in the projects with ice crackhead ass and sonny big ass head having a few quarters to play video games

Then this nikka calvin get out of prison and A had him set up nice where A had his man work the corner and he just had to sit back and relax and get cash..

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Those guys were barely in their early 20's when these events unfolded.....and, it's really typical for many reasons for people in their position to live the luxurious life, while still in the same neighborhood they work from, that isn't endemic to Harlem hustlers, it takes places all over the world, in similar socioeconomic conditions.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Mitch loved the streetz and it's hard to pay bills with drug money.

True.. But i was actually reading AZ article in don diva magazine about legends in the drug game... And he was mentioning rich wanted to move the family out but the family felt they wouldn't be as known as they were in harlem..makes u think how life for them could have been different

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I love paid in full but I always wondered, if Mitch needed $500,000 to get Sonny's ransom and Ace obviously was concerned for Sonny (Unlike, Rico), then why did he give him the coke keys to sell over a period of time? Why do a fundraiser?

How about "Hey Mitch, you're my best friend and since Sonny's my little man too, I'm going to give you these DIAMONDS to sell, so we can get the money right now!"

At the end when he says Lulu's diamonds bought him a new life, I always say to myself "Yeah well, Lulu's diamonds could have saved Sonny and Mitch's lives".:stopitslime:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Lol, you'll have to forgive some of the finer points of the script, it wasn't really a traditionally made movie, with an established writer, I don't think. I always thought there were some minor issues like that, even as I watched it, as a teenager, it's more about capturing the emotions, feel, and look, telling the story, than an airtight, accurate rendering of the events.

I still remember watching that in theaters with my two homies from my street, when we were close back then, smoked two blunts before, all dry mouthed and high watching....After I was saying I would be like Alpo, without the snitching, and my friend says nah, you're way more like Mitch, with your ass knowing everybody everywhere we go, you always shaking hands and shyt......and he was kinda right.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
How about "Hey Mitch, you're my best friend and since Sonny's my little man too, I'm going to give you these DIAMONDS to sell, so we can get the money right now!"

At the end when he says Lulu's diamonds bought him a new life, I always say to myself "Yeah well, Lulu's diamonds could have saved Sonny and Mitch's lives".
Dog that's his mans and all but that jewelry was HIS exit plan.:martin: You don't give up your exit plan for NOBODY. He gave him more than ANYBODY else could have. :dahell:
nikkaz had his lil brother cleaning his shoes with a toothbrush smh.

The most he ever did for his family was bring a couple bags of groceries home. He wasn't supportin shyt. He ain't even give his momma no real money.
Is that you Ice??? :ohhh:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Dog that's his mans and all but that jewelry was HIS exit plan.:martin: You don't give up your exit plan for NOBODY. He gave him more than ANYBODY else could have. :dahell:

Is that you Ice??? :ohhh:
Cn8Odt1XYAA2_uG.jpg