Pac's Resurrection: The Official 2014-15 Atlanta Hawks Season Thread

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Yea & honestly it's time for Baze to get his moment and see what he can do on a bigger stage. He's our best athlete, a better scorer than Thabo and has the ability to guard like Thabo does...he's obviously not as experienced in the playoffs as Thabo, but he gives us a lot of the same things if not more. I think this could be a blessing in disguise

God I hope you're right.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I think yall understating Thabo a bit. Dude from Peachtree Hoops said it best, DMC is good and Baze can spell him, but Thabo is our best defender off the bench. Plus he has playoff experience. If we're looking forward to playing Cleveland we want a couple guys to throw at Bron, DMC and Thabo are those guys. We'll see what a combination of Mack, Baze, and Daye can do

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Y'all right & I don't want to discount what Thabo does (Hawks 42-8 with Thabo in the lineup, 15-10 without him), but I still think we'll be ok with DMC/Baze/Daye. We'll miss Thabo no doubt but I think we have enough depth to overcome it

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Yea & honestly it's time for Baze to get his moment and see what he can do on a bigger stage. He's our best athlete, a better scorer than Thabo and has the ability to guard like Thabo does...he's obviously not as experienced in the playoffs as Thabo, but he gives us a lot of the same things if not more. I think this could be a blessing in disguise

But Bazemore backup Korver...who's gonna backup Demarree? :why:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I think yall understating Thabo a bit. Dude from Peachtree Hoops said it best, DMC is good and Baze can spell him, but Thabo is our best defender off the bench. Plus he has playoff experience. If we're looking forward to playing Cleveland we want a couple guys to throw at Bron, DMC and Thabo are those guys. We'll see what a combination of Mack, Baze, and Daye can do

SMH I just KNEW shyt was going too well for us. This gonna be our kiss of death watch...:snoop:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
john jenkins and austin daye are bums I hate to say it but that's facts

Daye makes Macedonian Bumbaclot look like a competent NBA player. He's WOAT on arrival status, but he has 6 fouls to use so :francis:

JJ can at least shoot...I think he could make some shots for us if given the opportunity

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
DeMarre Carroll knows what got him to the NBA.

The Hawks forward is all about the defense. Carroll is the Hawks’ defensive stopper. He routinely guards the opposition’s best non-big player. Want to know what player the Hawks are trying to stop? Generally, you can look to see who Carroll is assigned to guard. Carroll should garner attention for one of the All-NBA defensive teams following the season.

It’s hard to argue with the results. As a team, the Hawks rank sixth in the NBA in fewest points allowed at 97.1 per game.

But then again …

Carroll is having the best offensive season of his career. He is averaging 12.7 points per game. That’s better than the 11.1 points he averaged last season, his first with the Hawks and his first as a full-time starter. Carroll has scored in double-figures 53 times this season, including seven 20-point games.

“I’m just taking advantage of my opportunity,” Carroll said after scoring 19 points in Wednesday’s 114-111 win over the Nets. “Defense is what got me on the court. But I know I’ve been working hard on my offense. I’m never going to come out and say offense is what I do. It’s not. Defense is what I do. Offense is a plus.”

Carroll has been on an offensive tear of late. Over the past six games, he is averaging 18.7 points and 6.6 rebounds per game. He is shooting an astonishing 70 percent (44-of-63) from the field, including 48 percent (12-of-25) from 3-point range.

Since Carroll set his career-high of 26 points at the Timberwolves on Feb. 9, he has scored in double figures in 12 consecutive and 20 of 22 games.

“I look at guys like (the Spurs’) Kawhi (Leonard), and he came in and he was a defensive guy, the fifth option on the team,” Carroll said. “He raised his game. I looked at myself and said, ‘Why can’t I do the same?’ That’s all I’ve been doing, just trying to better my game and better my team.”

Leonard was named the NBA Finals MVP last season as the Spurs won the title. There are more immediate goals for Carroll with four games remaining in the regular season. The Hawks will enter the playoffs as the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference. As Carroll puts it, “We are trying to do something special.”

Carroll often is one of the last Hawks to leave the practice court. He often stays after to work with assistant coach Kenny Atkinson with both film and on-the-court drills.

According to coach Mike Budenholzer, the key to Carroll’s offensive success is that he is finding different ways to score.

“He has found a way to score and got us some good offensive looks at the basket, whether it was making shots, cutting to the basket, getting to the free-throw line, in transition,” Budenholzer said. “That’s when you can rack up some points when you are scoring a lot of different ways and you are not just depending on one thing.”

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Mike scott gon have to play some 3 and thats better than having mack play a lot of minutes. The development of muscala will allow us to do that. Its not the end of the world really. We been playing without him for a while