Pac's Resurrection: The Official 2014-15 Atlanta Hawks Season Thread

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
None of you know, but I actually assisted the Hawks at one point -- if you wanna call it that. It started when the 09-10 season began (also my freshman year of high school). That's when I became a fan. Josh was still on the team and I stumbled upon a personal blog of his. He used it as a tool to interact with fans. Anyway, I find it funny he calls the fans fickle and bandwagoners when I'd post comments and videos full of advice that actually helped the Hawks, but he NEVER credited me EVER.

There were even post-game interviews where he'd say some things I said VERBATIM but I was never given any props for my efforts. Maybe I was naive for giving away free advice, but I was a die-hard fan and was doing it for the love more than anything else. I actually CARED about this team, unlike this lazy, lethargic bum. I even tried helping him realize that it was not only his poor shot selection holding him back, but his horrid attitude. Silly of me to think that would work. But a wise person once told me "you can only help someone if they want to be helped".

And obviously this nikka can't be helped, especially at this point in his flabby ass career.

Mad 'cause the Hawks are doing better without you. bytch ass nikka. :mjlol:

Oh and Josh -- if you're reading this, fukk YOU. :pacspit:
lol, your a pretty funny poster. Why your rep so low tho?

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
This season man :banderas: we got Josh Smith mad as fukk we got the coli mad as fukk with the best team in the world.. all we need is Joe Johnson to say he's dropping 10 pounds and coming back for the vet min off the bench :mjcry:
Hawks fans miss Joe? Yall was highly critical of dude

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Joe would be the perfect player for our bench. too bad his contract doesn't end until after next season

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Can someone give me the stated reason we traded Nique away in 1994? My dad still says if he ever runs across Lenny Wilkins he gonna "slap the shyt outta him".

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Can someone give me the stated reason we traded Nique away in 1994? My dad still says if he ever runs across Lenny Wilkins he gonna "slap the shyt outta him".

he was 33, had suffered a ruptured Achilles , and was coming up on 30,000 minutes played in the NBA. He was about to go into a decline past his prime, and his stats in Boston and San Antonio back that up.

We all love Nique - but from a business standpoint it was the right move. Unless you think with Nique we were going to beat Houston or New York.

Problem is....we did not hit on the player we got for him (Danny Manning).

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
he was 33, had suffered a ruptured Achilles , and was coming up on 30,000 minutes played in the NBA. He was about to go into a decline past his prime, and his stats in Boston and San Antonio back that up.

We all love Nique - but from a business standpoint it was the right move. Unless you think with Nique we were going to beat Houston or New York.

Problem is....we did not hit on the player we got for him (Danny Manning).

Thats the thing though, you can say any older player is on the downside of their career and warrants being traded but if you getting a player thats worse than the one you giving up then whats the point?

It wasnt the right move to make a trade like that on a 1st place team.

You say with Nique we wouldnt have beaten Houston or New York, but what i do know is that without him we didnt even beat Indiana.