Pac's Resurrection: The Official 2014-15 Atlanta Hawks Season Thread

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I hate that it's gotten this ugly. I'm not as critical of Smoove as other Hawks fan I think he
Played his heart out for us. It always felt like we forced him to be the villian,
Yeh... he was our "knucklehead what could have been" PF... I liked his game...hell we all kinda Stanned him back in the day - he would show glimpse of that potential, and then go back out to shooting 3s and dumb turnovers consistently :beli:

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Yeh... he was our "knucklehead what could have been" PF... I liked his game...hell we all kinda Stanned him back in the day - he would show glimpse of that potential, and then go back out to shooting 3s and dumb turnovers consistently :beli:
I still think he was a scapegoat for our failures during that era. Nobody ever brings up how Billy Knight was horrible at drafting, picking Marvin Shelden Williams who were both bust. Joe Johnson rarely showing up in the playoffs. Mike Woodson and Larry Drew horrible coaching.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
ATLANTA -- Houston Rockets forward Josh Smithcalled Hawks fans "bandwagoners" following the Rockets' 104-96 loss Tuesday at Atlanta.

The interplay between Smith and the Philips Arena crowd was lively throughout the night. Smith, an Atlanta native who played his first nine NBA seasons with the Hawks, was booed loudly whenever he touched the ball. The catcalls grew louder in the third quarter, after Smith drained a 3-pointer that rattled around the rim several times before dropping in. Smith then shushed the crowd by placing his finger over his lips as the Hawks called timeout.

nba_g_joshts_200x300.jpg

Scott Cunningham/NBAE/Getty ImagesJosh Smith tried in vain to quiet the boos from Hawks fans during the Rockets' loss Tuesday.

"I mean, those fans are fickle, very fickle and bandwagoners," Smith said. "It really doesn't mean anything to me."

Despite qualifying for the playoffs in Smith's final six seasons in Atlanta, the Hawks never finished in the top half of the NBA in attendance. This season, the Hawks are faring better at the gate and averaging just more than 17,000 per game, their highest total since Smith came into the league.

Smith was a polarizing player during his nine seasons in Atlanta. Chosen by the Hawks with the No. 17 pick in 2004 draft, Smith dazzled fans with his acrobatics, shot-blocking and athleticism. But despite being only a 28.3 percent 3-point shooter, Smith attempted more than 942 shots from beyond the arc as a Hawk. Toward the end of his tenure, a groan would emanate from the crowd at Philips Arena whenever he elevated for a long-range shot.

In 24 minutes Tuesday, Smith finished with 14 points on 6-for-14 shooting from the field, along with seven rebounds, three assists, three turnovers and two blocks. Following the game, he remarked that his 2-for-5 line from long range was "pretty good."

During his time in Atlanta, Smith was active in local charities. In 2011-12, he was nominated by the Professional Basketball Writers Association for the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award.

"I'd been here for nine years, and all I did was positive things in the community and with the basketball team," Smith said.

In 2013, Smith signed a four-year, $54 million free-agent contract with the Detroit Pistons. Smith struggled in Detroit, which waived him Dec. 22. Four days later, Smith signed with Houston, where he has shot the ball with a bit more proficiency (44.2 percent on field goals).

So were fickle now? :heh:

Josh forgets how this same fickle fanbase supported him throughout the idiotic shots, his moodiness, his clashes with coaches, etc. Most fans (including me) just wanted him to grow up and put all of his talent together but he never did. He's still an undisciplined knucklehead...so honestly it's fukk Josh Smith now, clown ass nikka :camby:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
So were fickle now? :heh:

Josh forgets how this same fickle fanbase supported him throughout the idiotic shots, his moodiness, his clashes with coaches, etc. Most fans (including me) just wanted him to grow up and put all of his talent together but he never did. He's still an undisciplined knucklehead...so honestly it's fukk Josh Smith now, clown ass nikka :camby:
Oh he mad.

Rathburn was going in last night

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Vivlamore's 5 takes

Let’s start with Smith. He spoke highly of the Hawks’ success before the game. He didn’t take kindly to a smattering of boos during the game. He incited the home crowd after rattling home a fourth-quarter 3-pointer. With one hand in raised a finger to his mouth to hush the crowd. With the other hand he waved for them to get louder. They did – unfortunately for Smith. Following the incident, Smith missed his next three shots, two 3-pointers, and had two turnovers. The boos got louder and louder with each miscue. Smith watched the rest of the Hawks’ comeback from the bench.

Following the game, Smith joined the Thunders’ Kevin Durant in saying fans have jumped on the Hawks’ bandwagon. Smith said to ESPN: “I mean, those fans are fickle, very fickle and bandwagoners.”

One former Smith teammate appreciated the Hawks fans response.

“I knew he was going to do something like that,” Jeff Teague said. “They were booing him all night. He is a good player. I’m glad they responded the way they did (after hushing incidents). It was fun. He did a lot of great things for this franchise but he’s gone now. They wanted to let him know he’s not welcome here anymore.”

2. I have written several times this season about the Hawks coaching staff using video to drive home points with the Hawks – a nod to coach Mike Budenholzer’s background. Players point to a fiery film session earlier this season, after the Hawks’ 5-5 start, for the dramatic turnaround. Budenholzer held another session Tuesday – at halfime.

“(Budenholzer) told us he wasn’t going to yell at us,” Kyle Korver said. “He just showed clips of us not playing at a high enough level energy wise. He told us we have to care a little more. There were a bunch of plays where we weren’t getting back on defense and we were letting them get the loose balls. Sometimes you can challenge people with words and get mad at them. Sometimes you just show them the film. We are all professionals and we know we can play better.”

3. Budenholzer is using the Jeff Teague-Dennis Schroder tandem more and more of late. The guard duo presents all kinds of matchup problems for the opposition. Both were able to use their speed to slow down the Rockets. Teague said he likes the pairing, which allows him to guard a bigger player.

“I like to play with Jeff at the same time,” Schroder said. “We are pushing the pace on offense. We are way faster than everybody else. I think when we are both on the court we can push the pace every time. It’s been great.”

4. There was plenty of trash talking during the game – in addition to Smith. Jason Terry and Corey Brewer were singled out by Hawks players. Schroder even said Terry started the previous night. The two ran into each other at the Chris Brown concert at Philips Arena Monday. Schroder said Terry told him he was coming for him. None of the talk got out of hand but it certainly added to the playoff atmosphere.

5. There were several other notable facts that need to be mentioned. The Hawks are 36 games over .500 for the first time in franchise history. … They have the best home record in the NBA. … The Hawks outscored the Rockets 32-15 and limited them to 5 of 21 shooting in the fourth quarter. … With 22 regular-season games remaining, the Hawks lead the Southeast Division by 14-1/2 games and the Eastern Conference by 10 games.