Pac's Resurrection: The Official 2014-15 Atlanta Hawks Season Thread

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
that was the worst game we have played since xmas

rebounding has become a red flag...we have had issues with Memphis, Clippers, Pistons, and a few other teams. Not sure how to fix it.

that comes with the territory of being undersized and playing small ball

it looks bad, especially when the opponents get second chance buckets consecutively, but as long as we continue playing defense the way we have been I'm not ready to say we should be worried yet, all those teams who dominated us on the glass still lost :mjpls:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL

it looks bad, especially when the opponents get second chance buckets consecutively, but as long as we continue playing defense the way we have been I'm not ready to say we should be worried yet, all those teams who dominated us on the glass still lost :mjpls:

Coach don't give a shyt about offensive rebounds, he want's guys back on defense. Here's a quote from Detroitbadboys.com where coach addressed rebounding:

You might remember the 50-win Pistons before they really started Goin' To Work weren't very good at offensive rebounds. They ranked near the bottom of the league in 2001-2003. This Hawks team is similar (29) and on Monday they didn't even have a single offensive rebound until the third quarter.

Head coach Mike Budenholzer acknowledged the discrepancy in offensive rebounding after the game and was accepting of it because he says the team really prioritizes getting back on defense. At one point during the second quarter I noticed the Hawks rarely followed any of their own shots, as you're taught to do in Basketball 101. They had so much faith in their shots and put so much emphasis on getting back on defense that it was almost a natural immediate reaction for them to turn around and run back on defense as soon as someone pulled. They don't want 61 to 42 rebounding disadvantages every night, but they also won't always be playing Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe.

And when they get back on defense, oh what a defense it is. They trap when they need to (KCP and Monroe were victims of this throughout the game); they play pick and rolls almost to perfection; and they successfully close out on three-point shooters.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This. Plus, not many teams can deal with the versatility of our bigs on the offensive side. Decent tradeoff I would say

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
So how many games do y'all see us winning now? I say between 65-70 if we don't suffer major injuries :ohhh:

I say we stop at 60 IF we already have the East locked up. My question becomes how many wins do we think WAS/CHI/TOR are capable of. I don't see any of them hitting 60, maybe 55 at most. I think we get to 60 and you see Bud rest some guys

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Aye Hawks brehs:

@VonteMB @jmspro @Napoleon @ATLien @#1 pick @JBoy @The next in line @steezy @AVXL @charmander @Atlrocafella @The ADD @Rekkapryde @Bruh Man 5th Flo @FutureGOAT @O.iatlhawksfan @Stone @JBoy @The_Sheff @Sly Cookin @Rickdogg44 @Tuc2DaBoot @Anbessa725 @Hollywood Co @Born2BKing @Atlboss @bigmanharris @Mook @I Got Werk @Captain_Crunch @BDot5483 @FreshFromATL
@Big Jo @Motife43 @Dominique Wilkins

let me make a proposal real quick :sas1:

It's obvious we're making the playoffs and at this rate we'll have HCA for at least a round or two. What y'all think about us as a collective renting out a box suite at Philips for a home playoff game? Everybody put money down and we all come watch the game as a crew? If y'all interested we can try to put it together. What y'all think? :ohhh:
Can we get Mel from SW ATL there?

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Aye Hawks brehs:

@VonteMB @jmspro @Napoleon @ATLien @#1 pick @JBoy @The next in line @steezy @AVXL @charmander @Atlrocafella @The ADD @Rekkapryde @Bruh Man 5th Flo @FutureGOAT @O.iatlhawksfan @Stone @JBoy @The_Sheff @Sly Cookin @Rickdogg44 @Tuc2DaBoot @Anbessa725 @Hollywood Co @Born2BKing @Atlboss @bigmanharris @Mook @I Got Werk @Captain_Crunch @BDot5483 @FreshFromATL
@Big Jo @Motife43 @Dominique Wilkins

let me make a proposal real quick :sas1:

It's obvious we're making the playoffs and at this rate we'll have HCA for at least a round or two. What y'all think about us as a collective renting out a box suite at Philips for a home playoff game? Everybody put money down and we all come watch the game as a crew? If y'all interested we can try to put it together. What y'all think? :ohhh:

Didn't get the mention, but I'm down for it.

I'm hitting the OKC game Friday, if I see my homie who's a Membership Consultant ima see what the numbers are looking like. I also can get in contact with an Account Exec too.

Not unless you already got a plug?:blessed:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Didn't get the mention, but I'm down for it.

I'm hitting the OKC game Friday, if I see my homie who's a Membership Consultant ima see what the numbers are looking like. I also can get in contact with an Account Exec too.

Not unless you already got a plug?:blessed:

Didn't mean to leave you out breh :mjcry:

But nah I don't have an inside connect for Hawks tix anymore (my Uncle used to work for Turner & would give me vouchers for games all the time)

But if you do have a connect then by all means my breh :salute: right now I'd say we have a party of 25-30 from the Coli (that's not including if people are bringing their friends, significant others, etc) I think we'd have to decide on here if we want to bring people from outside The Coli to this...it might help cover the cost but maybe not make it as unique/special to The Coli IDK

When we get a number we can make a thread & see who's really down to do it (do we wanna do playoffs or reg season?)

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
I say we stop at 60 IF we already have the East locked up. My question becomes how many wins do we think WAS/CHI/TOR are capable of. I don't see any of them hitting 60, maybe 55 at most. I think we get to 60 and you see Bud rest some guys

who says we gotta stop winning while we rest :mjpls:

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

agreed. try not to trade or change any of the top 10 or so. this is the type of chemistry you let cook. i understand people are looking for chinks in the armor and the spot seems to be against teams with taller bigger centers/pf. but bud coaches through that well. here's what i've seen the hawks do that i think can help them out with the bigs challenge in a series...

on offense hawks do a great job of spreading the floor and killing teams with the long ball. our bigs also have a wet mid range which draws their bigs away from the basket. when they do come out to guard our bigs we use our quickness at every position to slash and score...or kick out for the 3. their bigs get tired and in foul trouble.

on defense the hawks work hard to keep opposing bigs off the block, put a body on them right at the free throw line and use a lot of weak side help / flashing. rebounding does have to be more of a team effort though.

right now only two teams in the east have any chance against us in the playoffs..bulls and wiz..so far we've owned both :win:....can never totally write off the cavs for obvious reasons. regardless the hawks look really good going into second half. gotta keep the pedal to the floor