Pac's Resurrection: The Official 2014-15 Atlanta Hawks Season Thread

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Dope article @Dominique Wilkins really sums it up about the history & current issues with the team.

I think the Hawks could be more aggressive with their online & media presence. They should be all over 107.9, V103 (which is the sister station of 92.9 The Game, the radio home of the Hawks), 94.5, 102.9, etc. I don't hear about them and I barely see TV ads for them unless I'm watching them play

They could be more active with the church crowds & the black suburban families, but there should be more of a focus to align with the nightlife in the city that is literally happening all around Philips Arena. I can't imagine why they wouldn't link up with all the party promoters who are at these clubs/lounges/bars every week and coordinate marketing to Hawks games and then the club after that (ie. you purchase a Hawks ticket in this section, you get a bottle at Compound or VIP access for you & your party if you get group tix for a Hawks game)

As for the city's support, people get excited if they see this team win during the playoffs. Happens every spring.

And what court are they talking about playing at that's near Philips? They should make a court at Centennial and play there and be right across the street and actually have the space to have people come watch them play

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Dope article @Dominique Wilkins really sums it up about the history & current issues with the team.

I think the Hawks could be more aggressive with their online & media presence. They should be all over 107.9, V103 (which is the sister station of 92.9 The Game, the radio home of the Hawks), 94.5, 102.9, etc. I don't hear about them and I barely see TV ads for them unless I'm watching them play

They could be more active with the church crowds & the black suburban families, but there should be more of a focus to align with the nightlife in the city that is literally happening all around Philips Arena. I can't imagine why they wouldn't link up with all the party promoters who are at these clubs/lounges/bars every week and coordinate marketing to Hawks games and then the club after that (ie. you purchase a Hawks ticket in this section, you get a bottle at Compound or VIP access for you & your party if you get group tix for a Hawks game)

As for the city's support, people get excited if they see this team win during the playoffs. Happens every spring.

And what court are they talking about playing at that's near Philips? They should make a court at Centennial and play there and be right across the street and actually have the space to have people come watch them play

That's what I thought they meant. That would be dope.

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA

theyre all over 92.9. They will get Ryan Cameron to host some shows too. But yea, they should also be on V103 (owned by same ppl as 92.9) a lot more.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
speaking of radio...how many of you are also listening to 97.9 and 99.3?

2 throwback 90's hip hop stations that started recently.

I listen to 102.9 some (which is owned by Radio One). You'd expect their radio affiliate to promote them a bunch but they should be on all of urban radio here. The article talks about hip hop, black people & millenials as key strategies to drive sales yet their presence on hip hop stations locally is lacking. I mean Radio One's (Hot 107.9, 102.5, 102.9, 97.5, etc) offices are a block away from Philips. That would be easy yet they're not on there :manny:

Hawks gotta go harder to reach the people who aren't die hards like us