Ozark - (Official Season 1 Thread)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What can u tell me about it?

I wanna go there after watching this. :noah:

It's like Oregon but only a quick drive away for me.

Well, as a city boy I always got "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" vibes from it but if you like nature it's a really beautiful place. Wilderness as far as the eye can see.

Fred.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The bulk of it was filmed in Atlanta though, only a few overheads are in the actual Ozarks.

It was way too expensive and Netflix learned their lesson with Bloodline.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Yeah. I wasnt quite gettin that shyt.
Lotta the bullshyt with the locals coulda been solved EARLY!!
Was thinking that too but apparently the writers were trying to make it clear that he wasnt in good enough standing with the cartel to get that type of support. The whole time im like,why doesnt this fool just call up his cartel boss and tell him he has issues with competition but they constantly reminded viewership that he wasnt in good standing with the cartel to get any hope for help.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Random thoughts

I feel like Justin Theroux from The Leftovers would have been a better lead than Bateman. I could buy him as that guy.

The major difference between this and Justified as I think the breh @hex would know is.....The side characters in Justified were interesting as fukk. This show they're all uninteresting. But maybe thats the point?

Also at some point you're wondering why the cartel keeps listening to Marty's bullshyt. I mean good ideas sure, but damn.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Finished up yesterday.
I like they way they did the old cliche "Give me the gun, you're not gonna shoot me" with the son and the Mexican, then he pulls the trigger. He didn't know that kid was mutilating dead animals, buying guns, and setting up for a starling killing spree.

One thing that confused me:
I thought the downs-syndrome kid was the son of the Blue Cat owner? Then at the end it looks like she drove off all alone.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
How is it?

This show gave it some great imagery. I can imagine tourism may increase once ppl see how beautiful it is.

I didnt even know it existed
I lived in Jeff City/Columbia for like 9 years which is about 45 minutes away. Ozarks got some great spots to party if you down to bang out some white girls. Had a couple friends with lake houses. Even during the offseason you can find some locals always down to kick it. Especially if you got a boat to pull up to some of the party spots. If you in to nature and all that it's definitely a great spot to go to. I had too much fun there.