Oxtail used to be called slave food..now it can sell for up to $10 a pound

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster

"We started without food in our mouth they gave us pork and pig intestines, shyt you discarded that we ingested, we made the project a wave you came back, reinvested and gentrified it"-What's Free

:francis:

My old room mate used to make pho with the oxtail. Those were the good ole days.

Now... white folks made it hip and it costs an arm a leg and a torso.

It really makes me wanna...

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
tastes good, still overrated though. Always end up with more bones than meat (pause) and wishing i got the goat or something instead.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
It's always been expensive. It always the most expensive non Seafood item at every Caribbean spot I've gone too for 20 plus years

You got but so much land. You think you just gonna have all that land for beef to just stand around in and chew on. It's gonna be expensive whether it's import or domestic.

Slave food.... pfft.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Way overrated IMO...but then again im notWest Indian...whenever I see it on a menu I go right past it :manny:

Oxtails are nothing more than beef (cow tail) and tastes really no different from let's say, a beef stew with the only difference is that oxtails have like a gelatinous fat texture mixed into it.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Oxtails are nothing more than beef (cow tail) and tastes really no different from let's say, a beef stew with the only difference is that oxtails have like a gelatinous fat texture mixed into it.

that’s the good part , I’m sure everybody that eat oxtails like that . What also sets it apart is the seasonings , I think allspice is what give it that taste... oxtails aren’t the same without it