• Naughty by Nature

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
OP asked who had "better" hits and stresses it in the op so the answers would be subjective according to the individual. So technically there is no right or wrong answer. Its all a matter of which hits you as an individual think are better.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
OutKast has better hits for everyday listening.

However, Naughty By Nature's hits are more nostalgic and give you that quintessential feeling of the '90s and Hip-Hop during that period. I wasn't born until '95, but every time I hear one of their classic hits (Uptown Anthem, Hip-Hop Hooray, OPP, etc), it makes me feel like I was there when it happened.

I also instantly think of Juice, House Party 2, etc whenever those songs play.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Naughty got one of my favorite songs of all-time in Uptown Anthem and Treach got one of my favorite flows/voices ever in hip-hop but Outkast stomps NbN. Stomps...

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
What does this even mean :mjlol:

Are you really saying more black folks enjoyed NBN because they talked about hood shyt? :dead:
It means what it says you remedial mother fukker. In the early 90’s black folks played N by N more in clubs and parties and it could be heard in more cars than OutKast in the late 90’s.I ask questions so I speak with authority on this right here. Ask your older kin if I’m lying.

Last edited:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The real question here is who knows anything about the early 90’s? Outkast crossed over and had nationwide hits but who was felt more by black folks at their peak. This is like Luther vs Boyz II Men. I say this as someone who likes OutKast more.

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
The real question here is who knows anything about the early 90’s? Outkast crossed over and had nationwide hits but who was felt more by black folks at their peak. This is like Luther vs Boyz II Men. I say this as someone who likes OutKast more.
I think this depends where youre from. Ofcourse NBN had hits are were very popular for their time but depending on the demographic you were from you definitely would hear more from 1 or the other. When Outkast was popping you definitely heard they shyt coming from every other car you passed where i was from and im assuming in most east coast places the same is true about NBN. And as rap music got older it grew in popularity so is it safe to assume the rap had more listeners in the late 90s than it did in the early 90s? Im being objective but where im from i definitely heard way more outkast than i did NBN. Im also in my 40s now too.

Last edited: