Outkast is better than Mobb Deep - Joe Budden

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Not here to disparage the Mobb because they are one of my favorites, but in 98, Aquameni sold what Hell on Earth and The Infamous sold in two weeks.

I still don't get the sales-based arguement....eminem outsold all them and he's OD corny...didn't lil bow wow have a #1 hit?

Sales =/= quality

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still don't get the sales-based arguement....eminem outsold all them and he's OD corny...didn't lil bow wow have a #1 hit?

Sales =/= quality

I was responding to his post that no one cared about OutKast until Hey Ya. Obviously that’s not the case because SPCM went platinum, Atliens went double platinum, Aquameni went triple and Stankonia went Quadruple.

I fukk with the Mobb, but their subject matter is too limited to fukk with Kast. Plus they fell off after Murda Muzic in all honesty.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
The Mobb pioneered

KfGFQoS.gif

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
If you include solos Mobb got it easy.

Infamous > southerplayalistic
HOE > ATLiens
Murda Muzik > Aquemini
Stankonia > Infamy
HNIC > both TLB and Speakerboxx
Return Of The Mac > all of Big Boi’s solo albums
idk why but this post makes me all kinds of uncomfortable

i love both groups but theyre so different, i would never try to compare them

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I was responding to his post that no one cared about OutKast until Hey Ya. Obviously that’s not the case because SPCM went platinum, Atliens went double platinum, Aquameni went triple and Stankonia went Quadruple.

I fukk with the Mobb, but their subject matter is too limited to fukk with Kast. Plus they fell off after Murda Muzic in all honesty.

Thx for explaining the context. I really don't even like Murda Muzik, ngl...to me it's a 3/5 or 3.5/5. I do love HNIC tho, and P had a really bad stretch from like 20001-07 or so. But The Infamous is a near top 5 album to me...probably in my personal top 3. I prefer the Southernplayalistic-era cast, and I like ATLiens and Aquemini, but I don't think they're the flawless albums that the internet says they are years after the fact.

Not sure why Kast and Mobb are always compared to each other, and it's almost exclusively on this site. The only thing they have in common is being duos from the 90s. Kast would be more comparable to a group like Tribe or De La Soul, while Mobb would be compared more to 8Ball & MJG, or UKG. Kast and Mobb do not make comparable music at all, to completely different styles, content, etc.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Bigger yes...but bigger doesn't mean better, just means more pop success. Mobb Deep in their prime didn't make any cornball "Hey Ya"/"roses smell like poo poo poo" clown shyt to get white ppl to like them.

I like Kast's pre-stankonia stuff, but I think there are several skippable tracks on ATLiens & Aquemini, and Stankonia is vastly overrated. Just not my type of music.

Lol Mobb made plenty of corny music
The difference is Outkast's prime was much longer so by the time Hey Ya was made they already had more classics under the belt
Whether you like them or not doesn't change what is objectively better

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This thread makes me realize no DJ ever did a Mobb Deep/Outkast blend tape. Put Outkast over Havoc beats and put Mobb Deep over Organized Noize beats

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Lol Mobb made plenty of corny music
The difference is Outkast's prime was much longer so by the time Hey Ya was made they already had more classics under the belt
Whether you like them or not doesn't change what is objectively better

IMO there isn't a skiplable track on The Infamous while Aquemini and ATLiens have at least one skippable track. It's just preference tho. Someone might not like The Infamous the same way I do.