Out of shape “NBA is Easy” Luka Doncic should be blamed for this failure

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
are you an idiot?

you don't make the finals "not being good" at 25 years old

yall so mad this white boy is good and just looking like speds:dead: :dead: :dead:
Are u an idiot?

I never said he wasnt good overall. I said he wasnt that good in the Finals dumbass nikka

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Luka will be fine. He's been to two Western Conference Finals and an NBA Finals and lost to the better team. He will learn from this and come back stronger I believe. Nothing about his career thus far suggests otherwise or that he won't continue to have individual and team success as long as the Mavs keep making the right moves.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, Luka was horrible defensively but realistically... holding the C's to 101 PPG is good. The Mavs needed someone to consistently score the ball aside from Luka and they failed, Kyrie most of all
That is a little misleading though. Cs were off from 3. They were below their season avg and their avg from each of the first 3 rounds.They had a couple hot stretches but they never had that 21 3 type game. So another way to look at it is they lost in 5 to a 3pt spamming team that wasn't even hitting them like that. And they missed so many layups too.

That said the defense did a good enough job despite their big 2's shortcomings on that end and that same big 2 no showed when it mattered most when they couldve stolen game 2 and/or game 3.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Dallas were the 5th seed.

They wasn't supposed to be in the Finals

Dallas overachieved.

Boston had a cake walk.

The love of Luka is one of the problems in today's game tho.
He plays a terrible style of basketball.
And it's become an epidemic

Narrative went from "Mavs in 5" to "Mavericks overachieved"

And it look only less than 24 hours :blessed:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I don't think he said the NBA easy just that the rules of international play make it harder to score. Could be wrong.
Do you expect these hot take generation kids to understand something deeper than a headline of a tweet? :unimpressed:

Obviously he meant that it’s harder to score, arenas wilder, defense harder, tactical and based on a classical point guard and shyt like that. Basically more like the old nba. But also a lot less games making every game more important and people treat it as such.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This series exposed a lot of people who pay zero attention to defense. Boston has 5 guys who can defend and defend multiple positions and don't need help.

Luka is an all-world offensive talent but his defense is abysmal and is one of the reasons why they were losing games..

Dirk didn't play defense :mjpls:

You just described one TEAM that was more athletic, more skilled and played better defense vs. a team with 2 scoring options, a 3rd that didn't show up and not good team defense.

You all are blowing this out of proportion. Mavs didn't have the players to match up against a Boston team that were in the Finals 2 years ago, and a PG that won a title.

Boston was the better team. What do people have to break down the losing team/players :snoop:

This is why sports is so toxic.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
I don't think making the NBA finals can be considered a failure.
if you don’t make the playoffs you’re trash, get knocked out early you’re trash, lose in the finals trash, win the finals with an “easy” path you’re trash.

people don’t watch the game to appreciate, just to denigrate now.