Original goldust is vastly underrated

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goldust wasn't gay he was all about playing mind games. He did that gay shyt to Ahmed and razor but not the undertaker :skip: He was basically Dennis Rodman :jbhmm:

He had a face to face in ring interview with taker. He was rubbing his arms and then said something like ever heard of rigamortis when the muscles get all STIFF :scust:

Then taker proceeded to choke him
:mjlol:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Something that's missing from today's WWE. Character and charisma. Dustin went 110% with a gimmick that was :wrist:

Marlena and those cigars:shaq:
One of my favourite gimmicks ever simply because it changed the game and was the first move away from the kid-friendly mid 90's and towards the adult Attitude Era

The mind-games and psychological fukkery throwing super-straight macho guys like Razor Ramon and Ahmed Johnson off their game

Plus that theme :wow:
One of the GOATS. The theme with the lighting and glitter falling. A great presentation:whew:

These :wow::wow:

Goldust wasn't gay he was all about playing mind games. He did that gay shyt to Ahmed and razor but not the undertaker :skip: He was basically Dennis Rodman :jbhmm:

goldust-having-his-way-w-the-undertaker-o.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Dustin Rhodes is truly an unsung wrestler....it was such a mindfukk seeing this motherfukker go from the bland baby face the natural to a :dame: gimmick like this...dude used to push the envelope on that shyt...can't forget the faq and other gay slur chants I used to hear from the crowd

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Gimmick definitely wouldn't fly today. nikka was kissing men on the lips. I remember he did that to Savio Vega at a MSG house show. I couldn't believe what I saw.

Its far less homophobic today than it was 20 years ago though, his heat came from everyone thinking he was gay. He was getting loud fakkit chants too, his face turn was telling JR that hes straight and loves women lol

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
Dustin Rhodes is truly an unsung wrestler....it was such a mindfukk seeing this motherfukker go from the bland baby face the natural to a :dame: gimmick like this...dude used to push the envelope on that shyt...can't forget the faq and other gay slur chants I used to hear from the crowd

Definitely an underrated point here. Anyone familiar with Dustin Rhodes' "The Natural" character in 90s WCW would never have dreamed he could pull off something like Goldust. Pretty much polar opposites, character-wise.

Goldust was a revolutionary groundbreaking 90s wrestling character, even though it wasn't suited for long runs at the top of the card.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Definitely an underrated point here. Anyone familiar with Dustin Rhodes' "The Natural" character in 90s WCW would never have dreamed he could pull off something like Goldust. Pretty much polar opposites, character-wise.

Goldust was a revolutionary groundbreaking 90s wrestling character, even though it wasn't suited for long runs at the top of the card.

and whats remarkable he can actually still really go in the ring after all these years..he deserves one more run...maybe even a transitional world title run