Oregon voters to decide on ballot measure to give every resident $1,600 that has sparked massive opposition fundraising

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do you know it’s going to somebody that doesn’t need it

fukk a tax rebate when people are struggling every fukking day

Funny for corporations and governments to pocket this money and you weirdos quiet as a church mobut as soon as the people ask for money and want to pass with a vote that’s actually a tangible
Here come you dikkheads
because someone who makes 6 figures doesn't need it :dead:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
this is stupid. it goes to a bunch of people who don't need it, why not just fukkin target it to poor residents with a tax rebate?
Of course you're going to say this. Means testing sucks! Too many people get left out in the cold because of it. Plus, you really think people are going to jump through hoops for a tax rebate? That's just needlessly complicated. Instead of making things exclusive, we should support everyone. Truly universal policies make way more sense as they cover all bases and actually help the people who need it with as little complications as possible. And we can tax the hell out of the wealthy to fund these universal programs that they'll be able to use too. I thought you cared about American citizens?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course you're going to say this. Means testing sucks! Too many people get left out in the cold because of it. Plus, you really think people are going to jump through hoops for a tax rebate? That's just needlessly complicated. Instead of making things exclusive, we should support everyone. Truly universal policies make way more sense as they cover all bases and actually help the people who need it with as little complications as possible. And we can tax the hell out of the wealthy to fund these universal programs that they'll be able to use too. I thought you cared about American citizens?
they already do :mjlol:hence the fukking opposition

With a top rate of 9.9 percent, Oregon's state tax on individual and pass-through business income is the nation's sixth highest

Mar 5, 2024 — Oregonians pay state taxes at the highest rate in the country at 7.08% :scust:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
People have no understanding of how this world works, somehow. Giving each resident $1600 will destroy Oregon...

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
this is stupid. it goes to a bunch of people who don't need it, why not just fukkin target it to poor residents with a tax rebate?
This is false and a right wing talking point, i have cautioned you severally against it. That income could be the difference between feeding and ensuring the lights are on for those in poverty, even if little it would be a good thing to help people that are struggling and are below the poverty line

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is false and a right wing talking point, i have cautioned you severally against it. That income could be the difference between feeding and ensuring the lights are on for those in poverty, even if little it would be a good thing to help people that are struggling and are below the poverty line
that's why i said they should give it to poor people, you dumb fakkit

raising taxes to give money to hundreds of thousands of people who don't need it is a stupid plan

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
did UBI destroy all the other places it was tested in?
UBI has never "been tested". giving a handful of people some free money can't possibly "fail" :dead:how could it fail to give 200 people some money every month?

i'm not even against it, i'll take free money if they wanna give it to me. but it comes from somewhere

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
did UBI destroy all the other places it was tested in?
Exactly. Basic income programs, like the ones experimented with in Finland and implemented in pilot projects across the country, have shown real benefits, like reduced poverty, improved mental well-being, and economic stability without leading to inflation or discouraging work.

There was some research by SEED that showed recipients used the funds to cover basic expenses, which allowed them to pursue better job opportunities, and other studies showed that increased consumer spending can stimulate local economies. The weird fearmongering surrounding basic income are largely myths not backed by credible evidence, often created by big money interests.

Participants reported feeling empowered and less stressed, and contributed positively to their communities.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I thought it was per month.

old 2020 article

Everywhere basic income has been tried, in one map​

Which countries have experimented with basic income — and what were the results?

California Program Giving $500 No-Strings-Attached Stipends Pays Off, Study Finds​

Daps
You telling me a family with 3 kids couldn’t use $8000.

nikka you buggin.

If it isn’t worth fighting over then why are businesses pouring money into fighting over it? :usure:
Wait 1600/person? Kids included?

I'm thinking 1600/household.

Ok, yeah that's wayyy different. They better fight for their money.