Optimal settings for LG C1? This shyt looks ass

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bloodborne is 30 FPS. Most 30 FPS games will look bad on OLED due to the fast response times with the OLED.

VRR should help this when Sony gets up off they ass and delivers it.

Not true

The PS4 version of Ghost Tsushima and PS4 Spider-Man look 60fps on the LG CX because the motion AI, it will simulate 60fps but you will see very noticeable motion blur but the game looks so much better and smoother the trade off is worth it

Bloodborne was never patched on the ps4 so it never output 4k 60hz signal, even 30fps games like Horizon Zero Dawn output 4k 60fps its not native or running at that frame rate, so the OLED will still accept the signal and process it

And this was when the CX first game out, I haven't tested any consoles on OLED since because I went full PC

so I could imagine with the software updates it's improved, and the C1 has a more powerful AI chip so it should be implemented even better on there, but you have to turn motion interpolation on in the settings

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I use to calibrate televisions and monitors professionally back in the day, and RTings's calibration settings are pretty good, and they are free (No patreon or subscription required). Their White Balance and Color settings have been fairly accurate on televisions I have tested them on. Here'a a link the those of the C1: LG C1 OLED Calibration Settings

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Not true

The PS4 version of Ghost Tsushima and PS4 Spider-Man look 60fps on the LG CX because the motion AI, it will simulate 60fps but you will see very noticeable motion blur but the game looks so much better and smoother the trade off is worth it

Bloodborne was never patched on the ps4 so it never output 4k 60hz signal, even 30fps games like Horizon Zero Dawn output 4k 60fps its not native or running at that frame rate, so the OLED will still accept the signal and process it

And this was when the CX first game out, I haven't tested any consoles on OLED since because I went full PC

so I could imagine with the software updates it's improved, and the C1 has a more powerful AI chip so it should be implemented even better on there, but you have to turn motion interpolation on in the settings

Ghost of Tsushima PS4 looks 60 fps because it got a 60 fps patch when the PS5 launched (not talking about the Director's Cut, which is also 60 fps). Horizon got one too. Not sure about Spider-Man tho.

Ghost of Tsushima Supports 60 Frames-Per-Second on PS5, Better Load Times

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I use to calibrate televisions and monitors professionally back in the day, and RTings's calibration settings are pretty good, and they are free (No patreon or subscription required). Their White Balance and Color settings have been fairly accurate on televisions I have tested them on. Here'a a link the those of the C1: LG C1 OLED Calibration Settings
How much of a variance do you think exists between two C1 panels?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
If you wanted help with optimal settings, just say that then.

An LG C1 looking like ass...:mjlol:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I said what I said, bytch

Fight me
giphy.webp

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Depends what kinda panel you get. Some C1 have the WBC panels these are the older panels. The later models have the WBE labels with added deuterium these panels can be pushed brighter but have a pink tint off axis when viewed from the side.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
The variances in all display panels none are as different from each other as plasma displays. I still have records of some of my old calibrations and have 10 different white balance settings for the same model Panasonic plasma. Getting the white balance correct is most important. Avoid using any video game as a reference when making settings adjustments. There are no real video standards for the videogame industry, while there are many for film and broadcast. When you feel like you have the correct settings for movies and TV, then use the gamma/brightness and HDR settings within each games menu, and you are all set. Here is a good YouTube channel to show off your TV: Everything this couple has filmed over the past 4 years looks amazing

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I used that “isf bright” mode looks the most color accurate to me
Brother, the isf bright setting applies to SDR content only, and when I switch to the PS5 HDMI output it automatically turns on Game Optimizer HDR, is this the case for you as well?

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Brother, the isf bright setting applies to SDR content only, and when I switch to the PS5 HDMI output it automatically turns on Game Optimizer HDR, is this the case for you as well?
I think that’s what it’s supposed to do because it recognizes it’s a game system

I can’t comment because I just use it hooked up to my computer .. I’m not gaming on it

I got my Sony Oled settings from this dude and have been more than satisfied

His C1 settings look to be just as good

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Enabling BT2020 on SDR is the wrong thing to do. You're essentially adding colours that aren't there.

Don't tell me you listen to Quantum TV. He's the last person to listen to when it comes to televisions
you tried his settings? everyone ive referred it to has been impressed. ive tried all the heavy hitter's settings and his by far are the best to me. especially his sdr settings. everyone is focusing on dolby vision and hdr when most of what i watch is sdr and thats almost ignored because thats the real work.