Optimal settings for LG C1? This shyt looks ass

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
copped mine right before black friday and the security guard at the gig put me on to this guy. he goes full nerd with these settings and calls out all the old guard calibrators that still color by numbers. first off, you gotta access the bt2020 menu which will improve the picture off the bat. then if you join his channel $5 a month you can access all his settings for dolby vision, hdr and most importantly sdr (which most programming is still set to) fine tuned so well it looks like hdr. sports, cinema, ets...he does gaming settings also, but im not into gaming so that doesnt matter to me, but the $5 a month has been well worth it for me

I was looking at dude's channel months ago & cacs were calling him a fraud. Him & that asian guy that does calibrations were going back & forth about this if I remember

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
copped mine right before black friday and the security guard at the gig put me on to this guy. he goes full nerd with these settings and calls out all the old guard calibrators that still color by numbers. first off, you gotta access the bt2020 menu which will improve the picture off the bat. then if you join his channel $5 a month you can access all his settings for dolby vision, hdr and most importantly sdr (which most programming is still set to) fine tuned so well it looks like hdr. sports, cinema, ets...he does gaming settings also, but im not into gaming so that doesnt matter to me, but the $5 a month has been well worth it for me

No offense, but no two panels are the same. You calibrate by numbers using a colorimeter because your tv is different from anyone else's.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

Enabling BT2020 on SDR is the wrong thing to do. You're essentially adding colours that aren't there.

Don't tell me you listen to Quantum TV. He's the last person to listen to when it comes to televisions

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Enabling BT2020 on SDR is the wrong thing to do. You're essentially adding colours that aren't there.

Don't tell me you listen to Quantum TV. He's the last person to listen to when it comes to televisions

He paid him $5 a month :mjlol:. It likes he's a simp paid to the thot on some Onlyfan shyt.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I just tried playing Bloodborne and this game is dropping every alternate frame, is it because the refresh rate is 120hz? Because I set the thing to "Automatic" so I don't know why it's rendering BB at 120, any tips?

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I just tried playing Bloodborne and this game is dropping every alternate frame, is it because the refresh rate is 120hz? Because I set the thing to "Automatic" so I don't know why it's rendering BB at 120, any tips?

Bloodborne is 30 FPS. Most 30 FPS games will look bad on OLED due to the fast response times with the OLED.

VRR should help this when Sony gets up off they ass and delivers it.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Bloodborne is 30 FPS. Most 30 FPS games will look bad on OLED due to the fast response times with the OLED.

VRR should help this when Sony gets up off they ass and delivers it.
Does VRR have to be implemented individually for each game? Because I doubt Sony's gonna go back to patch Bloodborne

Is there no workaround for this?

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Does VRR have to be implemented individually for each game? Because I doubt Sony's gonna go back to patch Bloodborne

Is there no workaround for this?

Yeah it should work for all games without requiring an update.

And nah there isn't really a workaround for this lol. You either get used to it or just play +60 FPS / Performance Mode from now on. (obviously you dont have this luxury in Bloodborne)