Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the great movie war will begin:wow:
Barbie vs Oppenheimer
whose side are you on
why-not-both-why-not.gif

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Will be dope but could flop.. younger people are too uneducated to wanna go see these type of movies now.
Nolan films usually do well in today's movie environment where the audience mostly feeds off of comic book fantasy action, but I did read a few months ago that it has to gross an insane amount of money to break even. I hope it does well. It looks like it's beautifully shot, has one of the best casts that I can remember in most recent time, and I know the atomic bomb scenes will be something to behold in IMAX. I'll definitly try to help make it a success by putting my $15 plus down.

EDIT - I also can sadly see the cringeworthy puns in the movie news headlines if the film doesn't meet expectations. "NOLAN'S ATOMIC BOMB MOVIE BOMBS AT THE BOX OFFICE" There will be a lot of people thinking they're witty as all fukk.

Last edited:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, that trailer was dope. This movie wasn't on my radar like that but could definitely see myself checking it out a matinee now.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Idk about this one.....Nolan is at his best when he doing action, but seems like this is a character piece with heavy dialogue, which he usually has a hard time with....gonna be interesting to see.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Idk about this one.....Nolan is at his best when he doing action, but seems like this is a character piece with heavy dialogue, which he usually has a hard time with....gonna be interesting to see.

This is true although at the same time I'm glad he's reigning in his mystery box tendencies and making what should be more a little more straight forward drama. I think he jumped the shark with Tenet even though there was some individually impressive setpieces.

But yeah he is a director who I don't think deals with humans very well, so i'm not convinced we'll see a very nuanced character study. Cillian Murphy seems to be doing a lot of Kubrick-esque thousand yard stares in the trailer. We'll see how it plays out.

I'm also really interested in how the film depicts the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Not sure if this will even be shown on screen or not but i assume it will at least show how it affected Oppenheimer. I'm curious to see if the film tries to perpetuate the myth that they needed to nuke Japan to end the war.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

GOATpernick

Troy, the God
Supporter
Daps
When I first saw Nolan was doing an Oppenheimer biopic I thought wow, going back to his normal budget roots. For some reason I never considered it’d be a $100+ million movie with Nolan recreating nukes :mjlol: :mjlol: dude is a serious legend