Opinion article in Boston Globe says Haiti should give up sovereignty

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
I haven't read the article but it is an interesting concept :patrice:

I have wondered the same for Somalia actually. Sometimes ''sovereignty'' is overrated if the condition of the people is miserable. At least until an idea of nationhood takes root. Not indefinitely. Infrastructure, health, greater standard of living. All the benefits of Canadian citizenship with tropical weather :blessed:

Haiti is a third of an Island...is that even feasible for a prosperous country?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

I have wondered the same for Somalia actually. Sometimes ''sovereignty'' is overrated if the condition of the people is miserable. At least until an idea of nationhood takes root. Not indefinitely. Infrastructure, health, greater standard of living. All the benefits of Canadian citizenship with tropical weather :blessed:

What dos being third of an island even suppose to mean? Haiti is the third largest nation in the Caribbean. Thats like asking if the much smaller islands like Barbados and others are feasible for a prosperous country and they are MUCH more smaller. And Haiti WAS prosperous up until the 50-60s and many people seem to forget this.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

:hhh:Do you think DR should be come a US state then?

Do you think Puerto Ricans (fleeing the island and they just close 180 schools and declared bankruptcy) agree with you?

You think Haiti of all places lacks an "idea of nationhood "?:hhh:

Bruh please read up on Haitian and Caribbean history

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Albert_2015.jpg

fukk this c00n, somebody needs to see him on some real shyt and show him what's up for this bullshyt.
They always getting chocolate covered CACs to do their dirty work

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Haiti is and will ALWAYS BE the first black republic of the Western Hemisphere.

Haiti is the shining example of how blacks can eliminate whites and control their own destiny. Because Haiti took that stand against those corrupt and morally-deprived cacs, the entire world has been punishing and continues to punish Haiti.

Anybody who blames Haiti's poverty on the people or on voodoo is as sinister as a cac to me.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
My question to my haitan brehs... is this line of thinking supported by the elite in Haiti? And i'm assuming that the west won't take the foots off the neck of the country for various reasons... what would you say should be the next step for Haiti on the world stage?

The elites were put in place by counties like the US, France, and Canada. They are puppets.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
What dos being third of an island even suppose to mean? Haiti is the third largest nation in the Caribbean. Thats like asking if the much smaller islands like Barbados and others are feasible for a prosperous country and they are MUCH more smaller. And Haiti WAS prosperous up until the 50-60s and many people seem to forget this.

I'm saying, companies bring in expertise and consultants when they want to improve. Using the same principle, why can't Haiti use Canada in a similar fashion? They're clearly superior at governance. Fam, the current head of the Bank of England and responsible for UK monetary policy is Canadian. Sometimes you have to bring the best in, learn from them and KIM.

We can talk about how prosperous Haiti used to be while you're in America but it doesn't mean anything to current Haitians. I bet they would prefer decent healthcare to accolades as the first black state in the Western Hemisphere.

As for Barbados, it's tiny and heavily reliant on the UK. Hardly a model to follow. They keep their head above water because they have 200k population and a popping tourism industry as opposed to 10m Haitians .

:hhh:Do you think DR should be come a US state then?

Do you think Puerto Ricans (fleeing the island and they just close 180 schools and declared bankruptcy) agree with you?

You think Haiti of all places lacks an "idea of nationhood "?:hhh:

Bruh please read up on Haitian and Caribbean history

Nah with lack of nationhood I was referring to Africans specifically Somalia. DR is a broke country with no pull internationally and whose women have to sell their bodies to survive. I bet they would love to be Hawaii :sas1:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I dont even understand how Haiti operates it has one of the largest population and land mass in the Caribbean and is outperformed by tiny Caribbean countries :mjlol:

and dont get me started on the DR have we so many problems with them fleeing to the smaller islands :ufdup:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I dont even understand how Haiti operates it has one of the largest population and land mass in the Caribbean and is outperformed by tiny Caribbean countries :mjlol:

and dont get me started on the DR have we so many problems with them fleeing to the smaller islands :ufdup:
Foreign interference and terrible leadership. Haiti was the richest in the Caribbean until the mid 20th century

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This isn't the first time I've heard a Haitian say this. A young Hatian immigrant told me she wished the US would take over. Sad, really.

Edit: What would Canada gain by investing billions into the building of Haiti?

Last edited:
Daps

There are plenty of threads that explain why Haiti is messed up. @loyola llothta has threads on it

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
France gave up Louisiana because they were flat broke.
Napolean got the land back from spain and some warships and placing spanish royalty on the throne, and was going to flip it to the highest bidder so he could get funds to go to war against Britain

They were flat broke because of the slave revolt. They couldn't fight Britain, Haiti, and create a colonial Empire in North America at the same time. This led to them selling Louisiana.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This isn't the first time I've heard a Haitian say this. A young Hatian immigrant told me she wished the US would take over. Sad, really.

Edit: What would Canada gain by investing billions into the building of Haiti?
She's speaking foolishly - the US took over a long time ago.

Canada could mass-invest in infrastructure through a low-interest loan program and Haiti's production could skyrocket - producing a trading partner and a safe investment for Canada.

Haiti's issue has been it's massive debt burden that was put on it by France and several other counties soon after its independence. Every other issue, from corruption to violence - stems *directly* from the debt and extraction issue.