One thing your father taught you.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Disclaimer:

If your father wasn't there and all that, don't come poison my thread. Go back to sleep or something.:snooze:
There are plenty of other threads you can have your pity party in, matter of fact, you might as well make your own and get your cry on. :pacspit:

----

Let's all reminisce on one thing we were taught, where things seemed to all make sense.
I'll start with how I learned to drive. As soon as I got that learner's permit, every Saturday morning, rise or shine, we were up and out that door no later than 7, hitting the road and driving on them empty streets and later on, on the low traffic highways and bridges.

He was always an early riser, and, for most our lives, always out for work before we woke up and went to school, but I really gained an appreciation for that in the winter mornings. Being on the road, watching the sun come up every Saturday morning gave me an appreciation for what he had been doing for years.

Oh, I also learned well enough to earn my license. :yeshrug:

ClassyME

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere between OH & NV
Mine wasn't around much and I don't blame him much, I understand his circumstance. One thing he taught me though, was to never let anyone put you down, disrespect you, or make you become anything less than you're not. I sha:violent:ll not let him down!

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i mentioned it the other day but no other piece of advice rings true than this: keep focusing on what you're doing (he was talking about my music) and don't worry about women. if you're doing what you're suppose to be doing, they'll be around anyways and you won't have to chase them or search for them.

that sole piece of advice gave me direction in regards to taking care of myself. i think my father realized early on that naturally i wasn't a greed person or someone that would attempt to harm others intentionally or disregard others. so the only thing i should be worried about is making sure i take care of myself over all other things because i have a natural tendency to be cognizant of others. more importantly, it taught me to work on my talents and develop them and the end product will result in me being noticed, so i shouldn't ever worry about that. but the way he phrased it (i don't remember the exact words he used because it was so long ago) you could tell he meant for me to think more so about the means, not the ends.

it's a process and it's not meant to end...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
To always look a man in the eye when speaking

real talk...i done see some straight behemoths of men turn straight Gerber when someone look em in the eye...

but that and my pops taught me "Work Smarter, Not Harder" efficiency is the key to life. You can bust your ass doing alot of shyt, have the most talent, be the best looking...whatever...but if you aren't efficient and taking advantage of the network then you will not succeed.

He also told me arguing with a woman is a lost cause....

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
He taught me hard work... Get yo ass up early and get stuff done, many women are rarely satisfied, especially if they're into material things... You can have all the degrees in the world but if you are NOT producing a good or service, you're up shyts creek.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Work Ethic.

My dad came her with nothing and was a bum for his first few years in America. He got his hustle on and provided for my brothers, my mom, and I a real comfortable lifestyle.

He would never let me half ass my homework, he'd sit there next to me and made sure my handwriting was impeccable for a seven year-old.

On weekends there was always work to do, cut the grass, wash the cars, clean the garage, build something.

Later when I started working it'd be funny to see people bytch and complain about the simplest shyt at work.

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
"Use your imagination"

He told me that like every fukking day and still does. Saying I don't know the answer to something or I don't know how to get out of (or into) a situation was just laziness and excuses. Everything, no matter how seemingly dire, can be solved by using my imagination.

He also told me the only way I'd ever break his heart was if I ever didn't think independently for myself. It's easy to think like everybody else and be wrong, but it takes character to come to the right conclusion on your own and do the right thing. That's why he hates twitter and thinks we're all plugged into the Borg and not thinking for ourselves. I love my daddy :smile:

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
Work Ethic.

My dad came her with nothing and was a bum for his first few years in America. He got his hustle on and provided for my brothers, my mom, and I a real comfortable lifestyle.

He would never let me half ass my homework, he'd sit there next to me and made sure my handwriting was impeccable for a seven year-old.

On weekends there was always work to do, cut the grass, wash the cars, clean the garage, build something.

Later when I started working it'd be funny to see people bytch and complain about the simplest shyt at work.

I constantly hit people with the :beli: face for complaining about the most trivial shyt that they are too lazy to do themselves or simply don't invest the energy in finding out why simply because my pops taught me basically everything around the house and if I didn't know how to do something, to find out how if I could.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Men cry but men dont bytch. bytches do that.
Women only respect confidence and dont like pushovers
Put God first