now I’m kinda leaning toward mobb deep instead of gangstarr

it’s boiling down to which I’d miss more in hip hop

prodigy’s rhymes or preemo’s beats :jbhmm:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
meaning no disrespect, but you think that has to do with him passing and people revising history?

Did you and your crew listen to gangstarr's songs and picture Rakim or other great rappers DESTROYING those beats? We did.

You don't think Guru was at least "good" tho?

I feel you tho, I wasn't a big fan either, too monotone.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
You don't think Guru was at least "good" tho?

I feel you tho, I wasn't a big fan either, too monotone.
gangstarr's prime was during the golden era of the 1990s

they made their mark with a legit classic album D.O. and some classic records, but the emcees of that era were shytting on Guru

Now,his songs have aged better than some of the songs from that era because of his basic flow and cadence.
Let's not act like people bought gangstarr albums to hear Guru drop bars

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
meaning no disrespect, but you think that has to do with him passing and people revising history?

Did you and your crew listen to gangstarr's songs and picture Rakim or other great rappers DESTROYING those beats? We did.
Not to many rappers are The R. That’s too high a standard. I thought he was he was a dope Mc. I fukked with his lyrics and his flow, voice was monotone but to me it matched with Primo’s production well.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Here’s the order they gotta go

1. gangstarr :mjcry:
  2. NWA :to:
  3. Wu Tang :sadbron:
I‘m not even going to address the fourth option
cItRMNs.png

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I picked Mobb Deep btw, even though Prodigy is my favorite rapper of everyone in these groups, and The Infamous is my second favorite album of all released from the 4 groups (Death Certificate being number 1). However, he's not that much my favorite over the others and Infamous to me isn't SO much better than the other albums, that it makes up for how much we'd lose if I take away the other three.

If we take away Mobb Deep: We lose 2 classic albums, 2 other dope albums, Havoc's production, Prodigy's A+ rhymes

But if we lose NWA: We lose Dre, Cube, Death Row, Bone Thugs, Friday, Snoop Dogg, The Chronic, Doggystyle, Amerikkka's Most, Death Certificate, etc...just too much

We lose Wu: No Only Built, Ironman, 36 Chambers, Supreme Clientele, Liquid Swordz, and a bunch of other great projects, RZA production, all the amazing guest appearances, etc...

We lose Gangstarr: We lose 3 classic albums, 2 other really great ones, No Sun Rises in the East, and none of all the amazing beats Primo did. No NY State of Mind 1 and 2, no Memory Lane, no Unbelievable, No Dwyck, none of the Group Home production, So Ghetto, D'Evils, Kick in the Door, 10 Crack Commandments, etc....