One Gotta Go: Bret/HBK, Austin/Rock or Dusty/Flair

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
I watched it just wasn't there to be in the moment for it, if I was I'd probably say Bret/HBK.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Bret/Shawn easy.

Dusty/Flair gave us the Horsemen feud and War Games and even though they never really had a classic against each other, neither did Bret and HBK, and the latter doesn't have nearly the same amount of theentertainment factor in promos and segments as the former :manny:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If Bret vs HBK never happens, Montreal never happens. That means no Mr. McMahon as an on screen persona to beef with Austin which leads to Rock vs Austin :manny:

Austin gave Cokeboy a stunner on MSG months before the scewjob, and Vince already had given the Mr McMahon character a test run when working in Memphis. Even though he wouldn't have been as hated without the screwjob, I think we get McMahon vs Stone Cold regardless of Montreal :manny:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If Bret vs HBK never happens, Montreal never happens. That means no Mr. McMahon as an on screen persona to beef with Austin which leads to Rock vs Austin :manny:

dawg,..we did not need McMahon versus vkm.
real talk,....
if we would have gotten better programming back then. We would never have lost the boom to McMahon self Indulgent internal family booked ego.
wwf programming was ass week to week and we can go back to read crz. Wwf was just holding us hostage pretty much waiting on Austin to appear. When we could have gotten a competent product. Instead we got basically held hostage waiting on Austin, then rock to appear. As wwf still has no idea how to build heels on their own without a second Gen background in house. Or without them being former NWA hof heels. Of which they would botch outside of taker and Mick debuting.
so we never got Austin in any feuds worth a cot damn.
till after Mick and later rocky got elevated.
we had to sit through black scorpion part II the worst angle ever rehashed and made even dumber. To put in perspective how little market research vkm has. if you go back and read crz.
it will put in perspective how trash it was and how we were held hostage. Real talk,.. Till the radicals, and the radicals invade.
like the only real episode of raw you can revisit top to bottom without the cringe. I tried to go back and watch every raw archive vhs tape and literally it was death till the radicals in general. If scsa was not there. Scsa, is who removed the phoney funk off the wwf. just long enough to give them wiggle room. If not for scsa, there would have been no convincability, whatsoever to the wwf product. The protege of flair gave the wwf that NWA feel when needed. if he was never there,...bye bye wwf.

art Barr
man, when scsa was out,...oh those raws were horrendous.
they are lucky they re-elevated Mick after burying him as a corporate guy. Mick saved their whole shyt when Austin was gone and was the actual lenchpin and catalyst to the whole attitude era. yet even Mick would get shackled trying to make good on the carni low quality ideas of vkm. That whole Mick is the corporate whipping boi to vkm, shamrock, etc. Was so fukk'n awful.

I was glad when Mick recovered. He deserved more than that.

art barr

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Bret/HBK isn't even better than Bret/Austin or Taker/HBK as onscreen feuds, let alone being greater than Rock/Austin and Dusty/Flair. The screwjob boosts the Bret/HBK feud way beyond the quality the overall feud actually was.

What are the great moments of the Bret/HBK feud outside of the screwjob?

Also let's not forget that HBK pigged backed off Austin's feud with Bret/Hart foundation thru out 97.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Bret/HBK isn't even better than Bret/Austin or Taker/HBK as onscreen feuds, let alone being greater than Rock/Austin and Dusty/Flair. The screwjob boosts the Bret/HBK feud way beyond the quality the overall feud actually was.

What are the great moments of the Bret/HBK feud outside of the screwjob?

Also let's not forget that HBK pigged backed off Austin's feud with Bret/Hart foundation thru out 97.

In what would become the only way the clique knows how to piggyback and get over through the disgruntled tag partner run.

People forget about that, and it aids my point that vkm had no idea really how to use Austin. We just have to thank our lucky stars that casket was not forgiving. Shame hbk had to get hurt cause I am not wishing that on anyone. Yet and still it was a blessing to us as consumers. as it allowed us to get what we waited like fifteen months or so for.

Art Barr

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Im watching through 97 now and im very confident that all of that would have happened anyway. Vince has always had that heel shyt in him. Word to Memphis.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I gotta get rid of dusty flair..i wasnt watching that as it unfolded so I had to go by the dvds and documentaries...

Bret/Shawn was a big part in one of my fav years of wrestling, ‘97...

Austin/Rock is just so damn legendary and provided such goat moments. The Rocks unselfishness really helped that fued since he never cared about putting austin over on the big stage.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Bret/HBK :camby:

• Average first encounter match
  • Meh ladder match
  • Boring as hell ironman match:russell:
  • Childish fukkery behind the scenes
  • Lukewarm promos against each other
  • Bullshyt political move to a meh match at Survivor Series 97
Austin/Bret>>>>>HBK/Bret

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Without Flair/Dusty it's arguable if these other blood type feuds would have existed.