On this day 1943: Black US soldiers had to defend themselves from white US soldiers on British soil

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
cacs can't stand that when things are equal they can't compete with us for shyt. They women be choosing.
My grandpa fought in Korea in an all Puerto Rican unit:mjpls:

PR51_infographic_65th_Infantry-853x1024.jpg

b_priest9mm

A work in progress...
Daps
If I was a single black soldier there I would have never come back to amerikkka

Yep. I'd look at America from Britain like: :beli:

Many didn’t. They came back home to debrief then went right back to Europe to setup shop with these French and English white bytches :russ:

This would make a very interesting movie.

Maaaannnnn. Them Brehs had it made. :wow:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Read the book ‘Forgotten’

Goes over all that shyt. They couldn’t control brehs over there and they tried super hard. Punished them when they got back too
is that book
"Forgotten: The Untold Story of D-Day's Black Heroes, at Home and at War"?

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
:wow:

Learned so much from this thread. Love reading sht like this. As sad as the story is in the grand scheme, there’s so much to be proud of. It’s soldiers like that, that are legendary but never get they just due, yet America claims it’s greatness off of their acts of bravery and humanity.

Wrote a paper back in the day about how Joe Louis and Max Schmeling was a pivotal moment in White War II and to see that fight be alluded to here and how Joe Louis had to go through all the same racist bullshyt with the weight of the nation on his back:gucci:
Cacs man smdh

It’s doing unhealthy things to my brain but it kind of brought things full circle for me. Might have to cop some books on the subject :ehh:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Article sounds like bullshyt anyway.

Coz no black man in Bristol during ww2 is getting a warm welcome lol. They made up that part for sure.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you're saying the Battle of Bamber Bridge and the reasons behind it are totally made up "bullshyt"? :patrice:
Na I'm saying the narrative that black soldiers were treated better here is bs. For the following reasons

A. Bamber is in one of dem derelict places North of England. Compare it to like idaho or nebraska.

B. There was signs up saying no Blacks no Irish no dogs way until the 60s.

C. From the racial abuse my grandparents got being in London of all places. I know these soldiers would have never received a warm welcome.

I'm just wary of this Liberal Pro British propaganda they add in there.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Na I'm saying the narrative that black soldiers were treated better here is bs. For the following reasons

A. Bamber is in one of dem derelict places North of England. Compare it to like idaho or nebraska.

B. There was signs up saying no Blacks no Irish no dogs way until the 60s.

C. From the racial abuse my grandparents got being in London of all places. I know these soldiers would have never received a warm welcome.

I'm just wary of this Liberal Pro British propaganda they add in there.

But there's historical record and evidence that at the very least, in 1943 a good majority of townsfolk from Bamber absolutely DID support Black American troops and several local pubs hung signs or had "Black Troops Only" restrictions. You claim this is 'propaganda' meanwhile it is a verified fact that Black American soldiers and white Brits in Bamber definitely faced resistance due to NOT segregating from US Military forces...

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But there's historical record and evidence that at the very least, in 1943 a good majority of townsfolk from Bamber absolutely DID support Black American troops and several local pubs hung signs or had "Black Troops Only" restrictions.

You claim this is 'propaganda' meanwhile it is a verified fact that Black American soldiers and white Brits in Bamber definitely faced resistance due to NOT segregating from US Military forces...
I request photographic evidence of the bolded text.

I think the narrative is provided by white British people glorifying them yeah.

I'd assume as was common at the time. Black troops stationed there got into relationships with local women etc were banned from pubs and tensions over spilled.

All that extra narrative about 'good hosts' and shyt is white man tricks.