On the real the cinematography in Behind Enemy Lines is one of the best I ever seen

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
it was re-airing last night and I forgot how much I love that flick and I don't think I've seen it mentioned on here

On the surface it appears to be a typical shoot em' up war movie but I rememeber when I first saw it I w as blown away by the cinematography ...the slow-mos, the angles, overall camera work was :ohlawd:

To me it's one of those movies I can watch at any point or watch whenever it's on the suspense always feels the same granted the end was a little campy but overall that shyt was legit :whew:

Not to mention its a perfect flick to enjoy with great surround sound with the gun action and explosions :lawd:

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
One of the few movies that actually had me tensed throughout the film. With the cinematography along with the sound, its easy to get lost in it, which is something I dig greatly.

But the surround sound experience is definitely on point. Reminds me of watching Heat...shyt'll have ducking and looking to your right thinking somebody shooting next to you.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
One of the few movies that actually had me tensed throughout the film. With the cinematography along with the sound, its easy to get lost in it, which is something I dig greatly.

But the surround sound experience is definitely on point. Reminds me of watching Heat...shyt'll have ducking and looking to your right thinking somebody shooting next to you.

Yea heat is universally favored for surround sound maybe someone should make s thread on best movies for surround sound :patrice:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
It truly is underrated.
Owen Wilson could've had a totally different career. He could've been a leading man in action movies and thrillers. I read on Wikipedia that the actor said Rockstar based Niko Belic on his look in Behind Enemy Lines and I have to agree with him on that. Gene Hackman is always great. It has minor editing issues and 2-3 music choices that do not hold up in 2023 but that's it.

Fantastic.