Oliver Stone Slams Breaking Bad Finale (says finale was implossible joke)

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk him. The guy who wrote scarface is in no position to talk shyt about machine gun violence being over the top and harmful to society. The guy who made savages less than two years ago, which critics accuse of ripping off breaking bad, doesn't come off as a non partial observer, and the guy who said he doesn't even watch the show, hardly qualifies as someone who's opinion on the subject matters.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
It was perfect. "Unrealistic" is the point of "fiction". If it was "realistic" it would read more like the "news". Blue meth would have been a local curiosity for a few months and White would have gotten murdered or busted. Welcome to TV.

Daps
He's got a point.

Personally, I've always felt BB is a good show carried but Cranston's acting. Some of the plots are downright laughable. Certain scenes come off as cliché as a Seagal action movie. I always found it jarring when it goes from well written drama to hollywood action movie. Too many times Walt and Jessie escape death in implausible fashion.

Yup. That's my only gripe with this show. Other than the unrealistic aspects, this show is entertaining as fukk. :whew:

SMH @ people not understanding how a show can be realistic. There's no reason a work of fiction can't be realistic and not look like the news. :comeon:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I still find it laughable that nikkas defended the last episode so hard body as if it was a great ending.

They botched the fukk out of it. The entire plot line was mishandled.

They did what they had to do to give Walt the best ending possible. Even to the point of rubbing it in the viewers face that he could even contact the DEA and get away with his plan so easily.
The whole final episode was just a bunch of fan service. It's as if they went on a fan forum and did a poll and used the top 10 fan picks to construct the episode. Breaking Bad wasn't really about being realistic but I don't think it was about pandering to fans at the expense of feeling authentic either.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think the writers put themselves in a bind when they started off Season 4 with Walt opening the trunk of that car with that M60 in it.

No matter what happened in between the story to that part, they probably felt that they had to show Walt using it in some fashion regardless of how ridiculous it was. Now that the ending has settled in for me, him dying in the cabin cold and alone or even getting arrested before he could have did what he did would have been a more fitting ending IMO.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This the same hypocritical fakkit that made Natural Born Killers and Scarface :heh:

And Savages straight up jacked up Breaking Bad's entire steeze :laff:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
This the same hypocritical fakkit that made Natural Born Killers and Scarface :heh:

And Savages straight up jacked up Breaking Bad's entire steeze :laff:
He didn't make Scarface.

But he's made many realistic films - Platoon, Wall Street, Any Given Sunday and a lot of political-based ones since.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn't make Scarface.

But he's made many realistic films - Platoon, Wall Street, Any Given Sunday and a lot of political-based ones since.

He wrote the shyt

That's cool and all, but he should check himself before getting on somebody for over the top violence when he's notorious for the shyt.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev