OLED's will no longer be king starting in 2021

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
OLED will be fine. I trust LG to refine the technology better than Samsung when it comes to TVs.

What they need to do is get the source materials and manufacturing to be cheaper. OLED is a very important checkpoint when it comes to matching old CRT responsiveness - which is my main gripe with any monitor or TV today. Transistor times with big ass TVs need to improve too.

But no, let's just shove more color in... Sucks plasma died.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
OLED will be fine. I trust LG to refine the technology better than Samsung when it comes to TVs.

What they need to do is get the source materials and manufacturing to be cheaper. OLED is a very important checkpoint when it comes to matching old CRT responsiveness - which is my main gripe with any monitor or TV today. Transistor times with big ass TVs need to improve too.

But no, let's just shove more color in... Sucks plasma died.
Fine how? I never said OLED would suck. It just won't be king of the picture quality hill anymore

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Fine how? I never said OLED would suck. It just won't be king of the picture quality hill anymore

There's still plenty of room to enhance a typical OLED type of panel. I could see it still having comparable video quality, and possibly be the best, and the eventual issues ironed out. I hope it replaces conventional backlits as the consumer standard, because everyone wins.

Let me just add here, QDot could be great, but I do not find much in the way of more independent testing. Considering it is a response to LG OLED, I am interested in more than the YouTube video provides. I'll try to find a research paper on it. The potential draw is the MPRT of 1ms, but I don't know if that's just theoretical marketing. I value responsiveness and blur reduction over the wider color gamut and who-cares-how-high contrast, as most displays will get you into something good enough these days with proper calibration.

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
There's still plenty of room to enhance a typical OLED type of panel. I could see it still having comparable video quality, and possibly be the best, and the eventual issues ironed out. I hope it replaces conventional backlits as the consumer standard, because everyone wins.

Let me just add here, QDot could be great, but I do not find much in the way of more independent testing. Considering it is a response to LG OLED, I am interested in more than the YouTube video provides. I'll try to find a research paper on it. The potential draw is the MPRT of 1ms, but I don't know if that's just theoretical marketing. I value responsiveness and blur reduction over the wider color gamut and who-cares-how-high contrast, as most displays will get you into something good enough these days with proper calibration.
Those last few lines you wrote tells me you need a little brushing up :manny: coincidentally this video was posted a few hours ago...

The video in the op breaks down the science to it, it's not an opinion :francis:

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
if you go hop in the official OLED thread, you'll see

you just have to get it in your crib and see how it is

whatever else is coming, good, thats great

but for now, OLED is fukking amazing