OLED's will no longer be king starting in 2021

Gee Mello

Pro
Daps
i hpe thats true, i had my eye on a LG C9 for a minute
Pull the trigger, I'm enjoying the B9 I picked up recently. It'll take a concerted effort to cause burn in on the modern LG OLED's, it would be an achievement of sorts, lol.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
:mjlol:You mean 2025

Do lg cx have wifi 6? Lg oled cx piss me off for not having atsc 3.0. :stopitslime:

Edit: its still running on wifi5

Last edited:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
nikkas still talking bout burn in? :mjlol:

My OLED is on most of the day and its the TV I use for gaming also, I haven't had one issue in almost 2 1/2 years of ownership
Is burn in even real? In 30+ years I've never seen that shyt happen and I'm somebody that will leave a TV and/or game system on for DAYS with no fukk given...

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Nah. I tell you why. Covid has put back production on new shyt. It's over halfway 2020 & TCL, Vizio haven't yet or out their flagships. Samsung has downgraded their 4k LCDs to get their customers to buy 8k. Samsung Display (not Samsung the company) has put at least $1b into QNED with disappointing results. While Sony has put their money into Crystal LCD tech which yields are very small.

The best LCD tech is Dual layer which is very power hungry. The best one of these is the one in this video. True 4k 4096x2160. But check out the price.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Is burn in even real? In 30+ years I've never seen that shyt happen and I'm somebody that will leave a TV and/or game system on for DAYS with no fukk given...
Burn in is very real. CRTs, Plasmas and OLEDs. Even LCD TVs suffer from it.

• Dap
Reactions: B86

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
havent had burn in on my oled and ive had it for almost 3 years gaming on it every day.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
:mjgrin:So the new Samsung TVs will use Oled panels

By 2021, LG Display has said it wants OLED panels to make up 50 percent of its revenue, up from around 30 percent in 2018, according to Reuters. Samsung Display, meanwhile, is pinning its hopes on quantum dot, with ZDNet reporting that its future QD displays will incorporate an OLED panel rather than the LCD layer used by its existing displays.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So this thread is for educational purposes and ppl fighting it :mjlol: oled will not be king because these TVs exist. They ran the numbers, it's not an opinion, it's a fact that new technology rolling out next year is better than OLED's. OLED will plummet in price similarly to how 4k plummeted in price. Companies already strategized on how they'll combat and compete and have openly talked about it so zipity doo dah coli

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
So this thread is for educational purposes and ppl fighting it :mjlol: oled will not be king because these TVs exist. They ran the numbers, it's not an opinion, it's a fact that new technology rolling out next year is better than OLED's. OLED will plummet in price similarly to how 4k plummeted in price. Companies already strategized on how they'll combat and compete and have openly talked about it so zipity doo dah coli
I watched the video, and he didn't say anything at all about viewing angles. That's the reason I bought my C9 OLED TV. I often look at my TV from an extreme off angle when I'm sitting at my computer. If its still using LED backlighting ("qned" or whatever), I bet the viewing angles won't be able to compete with OLED. But we won't know for years because its all vaporware.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4