OLED's will no longer be king starting in 2021

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I aint oulled the trigger on an oled yet cuz of the burn it. It looks like mini led bout to take off in the next few years followed by micro led. I play games with HUDs so that oled would be too big of a risk for somebody like me.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's next generation quantum dot display. Watch then comment below...
If it's an LCD screen and it uses a backlight display it will never be able to match the blacks on an OLED.

Hopefully whatever they're talking about in that video isn't just some marketing phrase for a different type of LCD TV. I'll give it a watch.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More cappin' from Samsung. Backlit? I actually think the copper oled stuff sounds like it will ultimately be king.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I aint oulled the trigger on an oled yet cuz of the burn it. It looks like mini led bout to take off in the next few years followed by micro led. I play games with HUDs so that oled would be too big of a risk for somebody like me.
There's no burn in. I play games with huds and watch sports with tickers all the time. Maybe there used to be but I don't think it's an issue any more.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There's no burn in. I play games with huds and watch sports with tickers all the time. Maybe there used to be but I don't think it's an issue any more.
i hpe thats true, i had my eye on a LG C9 for a minute

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No burn in, breh. You can only get burn in if you unplug your tv every time you turn it off. It has a built in pixel cleaner that runs when the tv is turned off. C9 is the truth and I just got an displayport 1.4 to hdmi 2.1 adapter and I'm gaming at 4k 120hz :blessed:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL

nikkas still talking bout burn in? :mjlol:

My OLED is on most of the day and its the TV I use for gaming also, I haven't had one issue in almost 2 1/2 years of ownership

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Pay attention everyone..
YO BROHK ASS KANT AFORD ANEEWAY YOU DUSTY FUKK

ME GRIMLOCK NUT ON YO MATTRESS TOO!!

SKEET SKEET nikka!!

HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHA!!!

ME GRIMLOCK BALLIN

I laughed :handshake:
If it's an LCD screen and it uses a backlight display it will never be able to match the blacks on an OLED.

Hopefully whatever they're talking about in that video isn't just some marketing phrase for a different type of LCD TV. I'll give it a watch.
Ok, so you didn't watch and then you gave commentary about LCD's. Sir, you're gonna have to watch the video to participate in this thread. You've been a member here for a long time, you know me. Listen, if this video is a waste of your time ignore all future post. Im only dropping knowledge here...
More cappin' from Samsung. Backlit? I actually think the copper oled stuff sounds like it will ultimately be king.
Sir, there is literally no cap in this video. It doesn't matter what you think jabroni, this video explains things you don't understand. They don't guess, they show you the scientific data as to why one technology is better than the next.

I hope this thread is a lesson in human behaviour just as much as it is a lesson on TVs :facepalm:
Coming in cheap . Only $9,999.
Hey, I respect that you are now on the level of understanding. That's all every thread is about, regardless of how we reach that point of information. Let's learn some shyt, cuz nikkaz content with outdated info round here...
nikkas still talking bout burn in? :mjlol:

My OLED is on most of the day and its the TV I use for gaming also, I haven't had one issue in almost 2 1/2 years of ownership
And because your TV doesn't have that issue you're implying other models don't either :ufdup:

I just don't get how you talk this way because of that. Moving forward it won't be an issue for most newer models but OLED will not be king in terms of picture quality by 2022. It's ok because OLED's are about to become dirt cheap thanks to China. Tcl OLED's hit next year and still likely be priced from 400 to 1,000 for a like a 75in. That's the preliminary numbers being tossed around...