OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
want a projector badly tho breh

it’s totally worth it if you do a majority of your TV viewing/gaming at night or in a dark room…TV offers better clarity but the size the projector offers tho :wow: I was basically watching a 150” TV in my living room…I replaced my projector with a TV tho once I retired and found myself watching TV/gaming more during the day…I didn’t like having to have the curtains fully drawn in the late afternoon/early evening to maximize the viewing quality…I miss the wow factor tho of having company over and them watching shyt on that projector for the first time…I used it a bit for gaming but it was overkill…primarily used it for movies/television…I got dizzy as hell once playing spider-man and swinging thru the city lol

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
it’s totally worth it if you do a majority of your TV viewing/gaming at night or in a dark room…TV offers better clarity but the size the projector offers tho :wow: I was basically watching a 150” TV in my living room…I replaced my projector with a TV tho once I retired and found myself watching TV/gaming more during the day…I didn’t like having to have the curtains fully drawn in the late afternoon/early evening to maximize the viewing quality…I miss the wow factor tho of having company over and them watching shyt on that projector for the first time…I used it a bit for gaming but it was overkill…primarily used it for movies/television…I got dizzy as hell once playing spider-man and swinging thru the city lol

setting up in my mancave in my basement so light won't be an issue.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks like Samsung's QD-OLED is the better choice over the Sony. Way cheaper, brighter, four full hdmi ports compared to Sony's two, 144hz over 120hz, and lower input lag.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Looking at my LG C9. It has developed quite a few dead pixels since I purchased it.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
yall think the c1 going on sale for prime day?

Amazon warranty don't cover burn in. Explicitly stated in the Squaretrade paperwork. I can't do that off GP.

Just copped the 55 inch C1 from BB with the warranty just in case of Burn In. I'm not taking that chance.

Was gonna do costco and get their warranty but that shyt explicitly stated it don't cover burn-in. :camby:

Last edited:

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
Amazon warranty don't cover burn in. Explicitly stated in the Squaretrade paperwork. I can't do that off GP.

Just copped the 55 inch C1 from BB with the warranty just in case of Burn In. I'm not taking that chance.

Was gonna do costco and get their warranty but that shyt explicitly stated it don't cover burn-in. :camby:
how much was the warranty?

GMoney

Nostalgia Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Abundance
Got the LGC1 months ago but I like heavy SOE so it wasn't the best for me but once you calibrate it, it really shines even though different content requires different settings,

Older HD remasters with more grain need their own setting for instance imo.