Old Yeller Presents The 2024 Democratic National Convention Thread 8/19-8/22 (Live on YouTube)

After the DNC we hype to vote Kamala???

• Harris/Walz 2024 Leggo!

Votes: 115 97.5%
  • Hell Nah I’m Voting Trump

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

TheDarkCloud

Superstar
Daps
Maybe, their father wasn't in their life after divorced? Why would they talk about their father?
I didn't say her "father." I said her "Black side." She identifies as mixed but all I ever hear her talking about is how great her Indian mom was. I rarely hear her talking about how being Black impacted her. Or what it was like for her identifying as "mixed." Her talking points almost always go back to her being Indian and acknowledging her Indian mom.

To be honest, I don't particularly care for her or Trump. But it's clear she's only getting so much Black support just for "optics." She hasn't even addressed anything tangible for the Black community. But the mission is to beat Trump so she's getting the vote by default. That's sad to me. I thought nikkas would have learned from Obama's 2nd term to stop voting based on optics but, it is what it is.

Daps
i’m incredibly impressed by how well she’s been able to co-opt republican positions and frame them within the context of a saner and more humane world, underscoring how “unserious” their party looks with trump at the helm.

:francis:

Last edited:

horizon

Veteran
Daps
I’m really impressed. Her standing for Israel and then pivoting and expressing empathy towards the people of Gaza. Politically it’s the best move. I’m shocked how smooth that was
There is no significant demographic of voters that is all in with what Israel is doing in Gaza that would not vote for the Democratic party if she said anything against them but there is definitely a significant amount of voters that do not like what they're seeing in Gaza and are uncommitted. What she did will derail her momentum and only generate more protests