Old heads, lemme put yall on to nikkas who really rap in this era

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Plenty of rappers have said it. also, USA is not the entire world nor is it the entire population of black people around the world.
It’s not even the word “c*nt”, that whole post you did sounded like a YouTube CAC . And you just always seemed like a “real” hip hop CAC

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
Lil baby dope but he ain't got bars breh :russ:
I
Lil baby dope but he ain't got bars breh :russ:
"I don't fucck wit none of yall nikkas yall disgust me, when you wit ya maggot ass friends don't discuss me." That shiit hot

But why none of these threads ever have Moneybagg Yo? None of these new nikkas can fucck wit Moneybagg. "Reset" was trash though

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Lil Herb has real rap skills & song making talent. But I don't know where dude's head is at nowadays. He may be washed or he may just be done with making good soulful introspective music.

If I hear auto tune, I pretty much pass on these nikkas. Just feels like they all trying to do the same thing. Hip Hop is about distinguishing yourself.

Cordae is ultra talented. His album sounded good on the surface also, but he's missing something for me. He has a J. Cole genericness about him.

Roddy Ricch the only singing/rapping nikka that I fukk with, but he's got real talent like that:umad:

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Lil Herb has real rap skills & song making talent. But I don't know where dude's head is at nowadays. He may be washed or he may just be done with making good soulful introspective music.

If I hear auto tune, I pretty much pass on these nikkas. Just feels like they all trying to do the same thing. Hip Hop is about distinguishing yourself.

Cordae is ultra talented. His album sounded good on the surface also, but he's missing something for me. He has a J. Cole genericness about him.

Roddy Ricch the only singing/rapping nikka that I fukk with, but he's got real talent like that:umad:

Yeah roddy fire

Mad consistent

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I’m aware of Herb and that Cordrae bum. They suck. Popular rap will never be good again, ever. It’s over.

You want to hear a guy in his 20’s rap his ass off? Play Rome Streetz or Rigz.

Herb has 2 great projects under his belt- Welcome To Fazoland & Ballin Like I'm Kobe. His album was Solid. But I will admit that Herb has put out alot of trash music, depending on they style of production he chooses to rap over.

Rome can rap, but he's 1 dimensional. Definitely not as well rounded as Herb nor has he put up as good of projects as Herb.

Rigz is dope, what is his best project?

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's the bars. He sounds like he's spitting because of the effort but he really doesn't say anything to make you rewind. Just watch his Flex freestyle. There's not really any great wordplay, punchlines, or metaphors. He can write songs and make good music but I don't view him as a lyricist except when comparing him against his peers.

This notion that old heads only want boom bap is mostly false. Sure there are some close minded people but there are probably more youngins who won't give anything that doesn't sound "modern" a listen. Most people who like bars are looking for rappers who meet a certain standard. The vast majority of these new guys don't come close to that.

Most of these kids are using the same style of production and auto tune. It's generic and lazy.

Lil Baby can really rap?:mjtf:

Where is JID?:what:

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
It's the bars. He sounds like he's spitting because of the effort but he really doesn't say anything to make you rewind. Just watch his Flex freestyle. There's not really any great wordplay, punchlines, or metaphors. He can write songs and make good music but I don't view him as a lyricist except when comparing him against his peers.

This notion that old heads only want boom bap is mostly false. Sure there are some close minded people but there are probably more youngins who won't give anything that doesn't sound "modern" a listen. Most people who like bars are looking for rappers who meet a certain standard. The vast majority of these new guys don't come close to that.

Most of these kids are using the same style of production and auto tune. It's generic and lazy.

Lil Baby can really rap?:mjtf:

Where is JID?:what:
I toss that sometimes dullness up to Cordae not having his own sound yet. He's spitting and you're like :ehh: but at the same time:unimpressed:

The bolded is so true. I'm willing to bet that there are more youngins who cringe at anything before 2010 than old heads who hate every new artist.

I'm not old yet but was on that "real hip hop" shyt heavy a couple of years back. It started to get boring so I ventured out and will almost listen to anything now that doesn't include Lil Pump or anyone of that ilk.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
Earl has plenty of content, it's just not the content you expect. Or, the content everyone else has.

Nobody is crying, you made the thread acting like you were putting fools up on some revolutionary new shyt. That stuff is only "really rapping" to young people in 2019. The bar has truly been lowered.

Listen to what you like...Good day, sir
Earl has plenty content, nikkas kill me it ain't 2013 no more. :mjtf: