(RIP X)

giphy.gif

:dj2:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm hopin' enough ppl buy/download for them to think about it.

I think it would end up like the FF7 Remake and be multiple games.

I never finished. It's a 50 hour game.

You know…if theoretically this game sold 3m+ copies or had a super huge number of downloads sony would be forced to remake it or make a sequel.

It won’t happen but its nice to think about :ehh:

Easy to get 3 million people to sign a petition to say they want it but hard to get 2 million people to pay 10 bucks for it. Its the reason Crash 4 got made, a lot of people went out and copped the remaster collection

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I remember a rumor that Bluepoint was remaking this, that may not be true but I wouldn't put it past Sony to throw this out as a trial run and see if there's a real demand for it

Daps
this game is pretty cool :ehh:

The battles feel slow as hell though :francis:

Fphu4JbXoAMyaK8

FphxQLKWcAEZgtU
The battles are/can be slow as hell. It's all relative of course, but I have a tough time imagining anyone playing it for the first time in 2023 not being put off by that stuff that either didn't grow up during that era or that hasn't gotten used to all the quality of life improvements since that time. A fast forward feature through all the random battles, etc would probably go a long way.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The battles are/can be slow as hell. It's all relative of course, but I have a tough time imagining anyone playing it for the first time in 2023 not being put off by that stuff that either didn't grow up during that era or that hasn't gotten used to all the quality of life improvements since that time. A fast forward feature through all the random battles, etc would probably go a long way.

Am I imaging things or did FF7 have a FFW feature? The one thats available on psn

Daps
Am I imaging things or did FF7 have a FFW feature? The one thats available on psn
I've only ever played through FF7 on PS1/PS3 but I did download the PS4 version and I'm pretty sure there was a fast forward feature on that version. I was trying to remember what game it was as I was typing that last post or if I was making it up, but I think it was that one now that you mention it. I think all these old JRPGs could benefit from a fast forward feature (or any of them that are heavy on random encounters) or where grinding is necessary.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I've only ever played through FF7 on PS1/PS3 but I did download the PS4 version and I'm pretty sure there was a fast forward feature on that version. I was trying to remember what game it was as I was typing that last post or if I was making it up, but I think it was that one now that you mention it. I think all these old JRPGs could benefit from a fast forward feature (or any of them that are heavy on random encounters) or where grinding is necessary.

Thats what made FFXII not only tolerable to me but my favorite modern (HD) era FF games.