Oh they WILDIN on BET+

PCHMalibu

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Malibu
I typically like shows that are "realistic" to certain aspects of our culture but this wasn't well executed imo. Plus, most people are waking up and realizing how TOXIC this form of parenting is. Yes it happened to many of us but still doesn't "normalize" that behavior.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I love the fact it's not corny, Ms Pat says a lot of the shyt we be thinking but not saying out loud, and the subject matter is really relevant to today's environment. The acting can get better but we've seen much worse on black shows.

Really missed the Carmichael show and this fills a great void for me.

Really hope they get a 2nd season. Do like Tyler Perry and shoot 20 episodes in a month and shyt.

I see a lot of the show is based on Ms Pat real life. She's ignorant in the sense she dont understand but is willing to learn. I respect that.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Not for nothing and not saying ALL

But those clips mirror real life and that’s how some of our black people talk/act in similar situations

hell some of the people in here criticizing are folks who act the same way on the coli:sas1:

Y’all may want be a little more self aware and stand infront of a mirror:mjgrin:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I typically like shows that are "realistic" to certain aspects of our culture but this wasn't well executed imo. Plus, most people are waking up and realizing how TOXIC this form of parenting is. Yes it happened to many of us but still doesn't "normalize" that behavior.
I think the purpose of the oldest daughter is to point out the bolded and make people realize that we shouldn't and more importantly need to talk about it. When people don't know better and are just doing the best they can based on their circumstances, it's not always going to be look good and be right. Doesn't mean the love isn't there but some of us have a hard time showing it. Even Terry's character as well. They bring balance to Pat and Tami's shyt.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Love how this suppose to be an authentic black show where profanity and N-words are thrown around and no one blinks.

But suddenly the music stops and everyone grabs their pearl's on the show once the word bull dagger is used...:mjlol:

Get the entire fukk out of here hollyweird..:mjlol:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This thread shows the demo on this site. Cacs and nikkas who grew up with cacs. Ya'll all came up like the Cosby's. :russ:

Naw many of us grew up around demons and black folks so we know both sides.

My only beef with shows like this is they only want to dip their toes in some issues.

Cause real black families that use this type of language in the house hold going in at white folks with slurs and gays with slurs too. But we all know in entertainment that's a no no. You got to save them slurs for black people.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
So I'm like four episodes in since seeing these clips.
The dad/stepdad is not as weak as these clips portray. There's an episode where the black son's white friends call nikka. And the youngest daughter has a non binary friend. In some ways I didn't like the messaging the show tries to give but it what it is.

Ms Pat is funny and smash the woman playing the lesbo daughter.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
How the fukk she closed him into the door?

170925103306419382.jpg

And I need to start writing for TV if this can get on the air. Outchea wasting my talents giving it away for free on The Coli

You and @Cat piss martini need to write a show on this level. shyt would be classic

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Not for nothing and not saying ALL

But those clips mirror real life and that’s how some of our black people talk/act in similar situations

hell some of the people in here criticizing are folks who act the same way on the coli:sas1:

Y’all may want be a little more self aware and stand infront of a mirror:mjgrin:
Yeah I guess folks don’t like seeing it in this form but a lot of us live this everyday so that’s why it’s not too triggering to me. Streaming just gave these show runners leeway to Ron shows like this… You best believe this shyt would’ve been happened if network allowed it. Go to most black families and you’re going to hear the same talk.